- Nyxoah announces full-body 1.5T and 3T MRI compatibility for the Genio® system to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)Posted 12 hours ago
- JETEX EXPANDS ITS PRESENCE IN DUBAIPosted 1 day ago
- InvestorBrandNetwork (IBN) Recaps 2020 Milestones, Outlines 2021 InitiativesPosted 4 days ago
- JinkoSolar Supplied 17.5MW High-efficiency Modules to Fauji Solar Power Plant in PakistanPosted 4 days ago
- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 5 days ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 5 days ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 5 days ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 5 days ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 6 days ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 6 days ago
Violence against children on rise
Karachi: Violence against children on rise in Pakistan, said Founder of Madadgaar National Helpline Zia Ahmed Awan speaking at a press briefing here on Tuesday.
He said that his helpline last year from January till December recorded 6444 cases of violence against children in Pakistan. He said last year 1113 children were murdered, 582 kidnapped, 246 sodomized, 455 sexually assaulted, 330 raped and 235 trafficked.
He said 476 cases of forced marriages, 188 of Karokari, 582 of torture, 195 of Vani were reported, and while 355 children committed suicide. He said 1374 children were injured. Out of total cases of violence against children there were 3682 boys and 2762 victim of child abuse.
Province-wise division shows that 2947 were reported in Punjab, 1818 in Sindh, 1073 in KhyberPakhtunkhwa and 606 in Balochistan.