- Despite Brexit Uncertainty, Business Schools in UK Continue to See Strong International DemandPosted 11 hours ago
- Validated with Microsoft Skype for Business, Patton Delivers Cloud-Powered IntegrationPosted 17 hours ago
- وزيرة النقل بالولايات المتحدة، إلين تشاو، تعلن عن مجلس جديد لدعم تسويق “الهايبرلوب”.Posted 6 days ago
- U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao Announces New Council to Support Hyperloop CommercializationPosted 7 days ago
- پانی کی ری سائکلنگ اورمینجمنٹ کے لئے قانون سازی کا مطالبہPosted 1 week ago
- Call for Legislative Action for Water Recycling and ManagementPosted 1 week ago
- ترکی میں کرپٹوکرنسی کے ذریعے جائیداد خریدنا اب ممکن انطالیہ ہومز کے ساتھPosted 2 weeks ago
- YPO Names Elizabeth Zucker 2019-2020 ChairmanPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Graduate Management Admission Council Welcomes BI Norwegian Business School Into GMAC MembershipPosted 2 weeks ago
- FXCM Arabic Celebrates 20 Years of Trading With 31% off Gold Spreads for a Limited Time*Posted 3 weeks ago
Standing Committee on Religious Affairs and Inter-Faith Harmony
Three Sub-Committees to probe in the affairs of Ministry of Religious Affairs and Inter-Faith Harmony
Hundreds of extra employees appointed in Evacuee Trust Properties Board
Islamabad Standing Committee on Religious Affairs and Inter-Faith Harmony has appointed three Sub-Committees to probe in to the affairs of Ministry of Religious Affairs and Inter-Faith Harmony during its meeting held in the Ministry of Religious Affairs and Inter-Faith Harmony, today. The Committee was told that many lands of the Evacuee Trust Properties have been grabbed by the land grabbers. Moreover, there is approved strength of 1476 employees in the Evacuee Trust Properties Board but, in violation of rules, 1925 employees have been recruited in the Trust. Hence about 500 extra employees have been appointed. The Committee appointed a Sub-Committee to probe into the affairs of Evacuee Trust Propertiesand its Board and to report the Committee in thirty days. The Committee was informed that in 2017 DDWP approved Construction of Pilgrim Residential Block No. 3 and Allied Services, in Hajj Directorate Peshawar. Rs. 36.050 million were allocated for Financial Year 2017-18 but no release was made. Similarly, a project titled Construction of Training Hall at Hajj Directorate, Quetta was approved in DDWP on 10-11-2015 with a total cost of Rs. 30.828 million. As per approved PC-I, the project was to be completed within one year up to June-2017. The Project could not be completed in Financial Year 2016-17 due to surrender of Rs. 4.9 million by Pak PWD. The amount of Rs. 4.9 million by Pak PWD. The amount of Rs. 4.9 million has been demanded again through Planning and Development Division. However, response from that division is awaited. In this context, the division is being pursued for early release of the said amount. The Committee observed that Government failed to complete the Projects, timely. Similarly, the Committee observed that non-inclusion of any project in the PSDP was not appreciable. So, a Sub-Committee to probe in the affairs of present and past PSDPs has been constituted.The Committee was informed by the Ministry of Religious Affairs and Inter-Faith Harmony that Madrassa Development Board was constituted in 2001 but presently there is no Chairman of the Board. The Committee observed that there are three Model DeeniMadaris. Millions of Rupees were spent on the Madaris. So, to look into the affairs of DeeniMadaris a Sub-Committee has been constituted which shall report to the main Committee in thirty days. The Ministry of Religious Affairs and Inter-Faith Harmony informed the Committee that it has already implemented directions of the Committee and would implement rest of the directions and decisions of the Committee.
The meeting was presided over by the Chairman Standing Committee of National Assembly on Religious Affairs and Inter-Faith Harmony, Mr. AsadMehmood and attended byMembers National Assembly;SahibzadaSibghatullah, Mr. Muhammad Bashir Khan, Prince Muhammad Nawaz Allai, Mr. Mujahid Ali, Mr. Muhammad Iqbal Khan, Raja Riaz Ahmad, Ch. JavedIqbalWarraich, Mr. AftabJehangir, Ms. SairaBano, Ms. Shunila Ruth, ChoudharyFaqir Ahmed, Begum TahiraBokhari, MaharIrshad Ahmad Khan and Ms. ShahidaAkhtar Ali. Secretary, Ministry of Religious Affairs and Inter-Faith Harmony, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Religious Affairs and Inter-Faith Harmony, Joint Secretariesand many other senior officers attended the meeting.
Source: MINISTRY OF NATIONAL ASSEMBLY OF PAKISTAN