- Virgin Hyperloop Unveils Passenger Experience VisionPosted 2 hours ago
- LeddarTech Announces Significant Growth in Customer Engagements, Partnerships, and Investment in 2020Posted 10 hours ago
- Top Pakistan Star Jannat Mirza is Amassing Growing Popularity on SnackVideoPosted 11 hours ago
- ٹاپ پاکستانی سٹار جنت مرزا سنیک ویڈیو پر مقبولیت حاصل کر رہی ہےPosted 11 hours ago
- Telefónica Germany selects Opanga Networks Inc for RAN OptimizationPosted 11 hours ago
- سعودی ائرلائن (سعودیہ) کوفلائٹ ہیلتھ سیفٹی کے لیے ہیرا اسٹیٹس ملا ہےPosted 12 hours ago
- Nyxoah announces full-body 1.5T and 3T MRI compatibility for the Genio® system to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)Posted 1 day ago
- Saudia Receives Diamond Status For Flight Health SafetyPosted 2 days ago
- JETEX EXPANDS ITS PRESENCE IN DUBAIPosted 2 days ago
- InvestorBrandNetwork (IBN) Recaps 2020 Milestones, Outlines 2021 InitiativesPosted 5 days ago
SHC orders SHO to lodge FIR for death of Owais Baig
Karachi: Sindh High Court SHC on Monday directed additional Station House Officer SHO of Artillery Maidan police station to lodge FIR into the death of Owais Baig, who died after jumping from a fire hit building in Karachi, truly and effectively and proceed in the matter strictly in accordance with law under direct supervision of DIG Sultan Khawaja, S.R.P Karachi.
The petitioner Nadeem Shaikh Advocate had moved court through an application regarding this incident submitting the fire department and rescue department did nothing to save the life of young man and they responded to situation inefficiently and unprofessionally.
He stated that if rescue officials had used a jumping pad, Owais Baig could have been saved.
During proceedings on Monday, the mother of Owais Baig who plunged to his death from the eighth floor when fire broke out at State Life Building located in Saddar, was also present.
She submitted before the court that far from doing anything in the matter the various functionaries have still shown callous attitude and even an FIR despite repeated request has not been lodged.
Headed by Justice Maqbool Baqar, the division bench ordered, “The additional SHO of Artillery Maidan police station, present in court undertakes to record the FIR truly and effectively during the course of day. He shall also record the statement of parents in court and proceed in the matter strictly in accordance with law under direct supervision of DIG Sultan Khawaja, SRP Karachi”.
Court ordered progress report in pursuance of the proposed FIR regarding the State Life Building tragedy be placed before the court by December 20, 2012.
Court also ordered, “Although through order dated December, 3, 2012 we had directed the Chief Executive Officer of Karachi Electric Supply Company KESC, and Chief Fire Officer, KMC to appear in person, none is present. Let fresh notice be issued to them.”