- ایس بلاک (S BLOCK) کے گلوبل لانچ کا افتتاح 22 جون کو سنگاپور میںPosted 18 hours ago
- علی بابا کی تازہ موجودگی نئے کاروباروں، جدّت طرازی کے لئے چونگ چنگ لیانگ جیانگ نیو ایریا کے جزبہ کو اجاگر کرتی ہےPosted 18 hours ago
- The 2nd Goji Berry Industry Expo held in Zhongning, ChinaPosted 18 hours ago
- S BLOCK Successfully Co-hosted the World Blockchain Forum Singapore & World Blockchain Award AsiaPosted 21 hours ago
- Global Launch of S BLOCK, Kicked Off in Singapore on June 22ndPosted 2 days ago
- China’s Chongqing awards 37 golden ideas for culture and tourism integrationPosted 2 days ago
- Chongqing Liangjiang New Area rises from inland economic backwater to opening-up hubPosted 2 days ago
- Alibaba’s new presence highlights Chongqing Liangjiang New Area’s passion for entrepreneurship, innovationPosted 2 days ago
- SNOMED International Welcomes the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s National Health Information Center to the SNOMED CT CommunityPosted 3 days ago
- انطالیہ ہومز: ترکی سے پاکستانی زائرین کی تعداد میں 50 فیصداضافہ جو ایک لاکھ تک پہنچ جائے گیPosted 7 days ago
Saudi Arabia follows international rights standards: Envoy
Geneva, Saudi Arabia reiterated that it takes into account in all its procedures, regulations and applications national and international standards relating to human rights.
Saudi Ambassador to the United Nations in Geneva Dr. Abdulaziz Al-Wasel said a speech before the Human Rights Council during an interactive dialogue with the UN Human Rights Rapporteur that the Kingdom's efforts in fighting terrorism are not only based on security measures but are an integrated system of procedures which take into account legal and other aspects necessary to deal with the accused.
It provides care and protection to victims and families of the accused and sentenced persons.
Wasel said the Basic Law of Governance in the Kingdom includes principles and provisions that take care of human rights in special provisions such as the right to education, health, work, the right to social security, the right of the person to security and sanctity of home as well as the freedom of correspondence and other rights.
He said the Kingdom reviewed the definition of terrorist crime in the new law � Combating Terrorism Crimes and their Financing Law � issued on November 1, 2017. The definition is clear and specific to the extent that prevents the negative impact on the rights and freedom of individuals guaranteed by the laws of the Kingdom. The provisions of the law are in conformity with international and regional conventions and treaties signed by the Kingdom.
Wasel said the regulations in the Kingdom criminalize all forms of torture and ill-treatment, as affirmed in Article 2 of the Criminal Procedure Law.
Articles 36 and 102 protect the rights of detainees and accused.
The work of criminal investigation officers is subject to the supervision of members of the Public Prosecution as stipulated in Article 25 of the Criminal Procedure Law.
All prisons and detention centers are also subject to judicial, administrative, health and social inspection in accordance with Article 5 of the Prison and Detention Law.
The Human Rights Commission, as stipulated in paragraphs 6 and 7 of Article 5, visits prisons and detention centers at any time without permission from the competent authority. It also reports on these visits to the King, in addition to receiving of complaints relating to human rights and verifying their validity and taking legal action thereon.
The death penalty is issued only in the most severe crimes after collecting of conclusive evidence in addition to a fair trial and a multi-stage judicial review. Each case is heard by three judges in the criminal courts, five Judges in the Court of Appeal and then five judges in the Supreme Court.
Source: International Islamic News Agency