- JinkoSolar Supplied 17.5MW High-efficiency Modules to Fauji Solar Power Plant in PakistanPosted 6 hours ago
- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 22 hours ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 1 day ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 1 day ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 1 day ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 1 day ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 1 day ago
- پھولو ایک پاکسنانی کسان جس کے لاکھوں پرستار ہے نے ابھی سنیک ویڈیو جائن کیاPosted 1 day ago
- Phoollu, Pakistani farmer with millions of fans, just joined SnackVideoPosted 1 day ago
- PMTA VERIFIED RELEASES UNVERIFIED BRANDS LISTPosted 2 days ago
PVDP launched Disaster Risk Reduction awareness campaign
Peshawar: Pakistan Village Development Program PVDP with the assistance of Irish donor Trocaire launched Disaster Risk Reduction DRR awareness campaign in the flood affected union council, Mohib Banda, district Nowshera.
In this connection, the nongovernmental organization distributed 1050 radio sets in the inhabitants of the five villages of the union council. The villages are included Banda Sheikh Ismail, Mian Gaan, Momin Ghari and Camp Koroona.
The radio set distribution ceremony was held at the residence of the chairman, union council committee under the supervision of its members.
Talking to this scribe, Imran Iqbal, a senior official of PVDP said that half of the radio sets would be given to women. He said that the radio sets would be given to those residents which could gather at least 2025 persons for the hearing of the radio programs especially prepared for this purpose.
The titles of the programs to broadcast on the radio through Dilbar Radio have been identified as Community Based Disaster Reduction, First-aid and Research & Rescue operations. During the program direct telephonic calls could also be made. The programs will be broadcasted on biweekly basis and first program of the nature will go on air on December 26, 2012 followed two such other programs on January 9 and 23, 2013.
The organization is working for the rehabilitation of the flood affectees of the area since the devastated flood of 2010 and in emergency phase has distributed food and non-food items in 5000 people and have also provided them washing facilities. The organization with the assistance of Irish donor agency had also constructed 400 latrines and distributed 270 hand pumps in the flood affectees.