- InvestorBrandNetwork (IBN) Recaps 2020 Milestones, Outlines 2021 InitiativesPosted 1 day ago
- JinkoSolar Supplied 17.5MW High-efficiency Modules to Fauji Solar Power Plant in PakistanPosted 2 days ago
- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 2 days ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 3 days ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 3 days ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 3 days ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 3 days ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 3 days ago
- پھولو ایک پاکسنانی کسان جس کے لاکھوں پرستار ہے نے ابھی سنیک ویڈیو جائن کیاPosted 3 days ago
- Phoollu, Pakistani farmer with millions of fans, just joined SnackVideoPosted 3 days ago
PTI greets SC verdict on Karachi voter lists
Karachi: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf PTI Thursday welcomed the verdict of Supreme Court SC about door-to-door verification of voters’ lists in Karachi.
The verdict would fulfil the dream to bring peace in the metropolis besides removal of errors from the voters’ lists. The decision is a ray of hope for transparent elections in the prevailing situation in the city. The party demands the Election Commission of Pakistan to immediately implement the verdict in letter and spirit.
“In view of the peculiar security situation in Karachi, such verification must be carried out by the Election Commission with the help and assistance of the Pakistan Army and the FC,” holds Central Information Secretary Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf, Shafqat Mahmood.
It is PTI’s opinion that the exercise would also help identify and weed out unscrupulous and criminal elements responsible for the breakdown of law and order in the country’s largest city.
An accurate electoral roll is necessary for the holding of a free, fair and transparent election, which is not only the command of the Constitution but also a fundamental right of the citizens, which appears to have been compromised in Karachi. The gross irregularities and tempering of voters’ lists in Karachi was at such a great scale that had no parallel which led PTI to approach the apex court which gave a historic verdict protecting and preserving the people’s rights. PTI considers elections as a base of democracy and free, fair and transparent election are impossible without correct and error-free voters’ lists.
Also NADRA’s suggestion to include voter’s pictures on voter’s list, if implemented will be another positive step towards conducting free, fair and transparent elections.