- China’s Chongqing awards 37 golden ideas for culture and tourism integrationPosted 6 hours ago
- Chongqing Liangjiang New Area rises from inland economic backwater to opening-up hubPosted 6 hours ago
- Alibaba’s new presence highlights Chongqing Liangjiang New Area’s passion for entrepreneurship, innovationPosted 6 hours ago
- SNOMED International Welcomes the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s National Health Information Center to the SNOMED CT CommunityPosted 1 day ago
- انطالیہ ہومز: ترکی سے پاکستانی زائرین کی تعداد میں 50 فیصداضافہ جو ایک لاکھ تک پہنچ جائے گیPosted 5 days ago
- ”ہاؤس کیپر-اسٹائل” سروس انٹرپرائزز کے لیے نیشنل نیننگ اکنامک اور ٹیکنالوجی ڈیویلپمنٹ ایریا میں وقت اور اقدمات کی بچت کرتی ہےPosted 5 days ago
- “Housekeeper-Style” Service Saves Time and Steps for Enterprises in National Nanning Economic & Technological Development AreaPosted 6 days ago
- 2019 چنگدو گلوبل انوویشن اور انٹرپرینیورشپ فیئر میں 33.3 بلین آر ایم بی کی ان ٹرانزیکشنز کی تکمیلPosted 6 days ago
- RMB33.3b in Transactions Completed at the 2019 Chengdu Global Innovation and Entrepreneurship FairPosted 1 week ago
- 2019 جنوب اور جنوب مشرقی ایشیا کی اشیاء کی ایکسپو اور سرمایہ کاری میلہ چین کے یونان کے کن مینگ میں منعقدPosted 1 week ago
Ontario Racquet Club Increases Their Membership By 20% With Retractable Roof from OpenAire
OAKVILLE, Ontario, April 09, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The $30-billion health and fitness industry in America has been growing by 3 to 4% annually for the last ten years. And, it shows no signs of slowing down, according to the IHRSA (International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association). In a Forbes interview, Crunch Franchise CEO, Ben Midgley, said that 20% of American adults have a fitness club membership and that number can easily double in the next 10 to 15 years.
One challenge health and fitness club owners and managers face is growing their memberships. While marketing and new equipment can bring in new members, the most sustainable way to increase club membership and, therefore, revenue is to make smart improvements to your club.
“Retractable roof structures give you the ability to open your facility up during warm weather and provide views to the outdoors. People have a deep need to go back to nature and what better way to do this than in a temperature-controlled environment with a translucent, retractable roof,” says Mark Albertine, the President, and CEO of the retractable roof system designer and installer, OpenAire.
Thousands of retractable roof projects across the globe are currently underway, many of which were YMCAs, municipal recreation centers, and other health and sports facilities.
“These clubs have been able to increase their memberships thanks to being able to offer year-round pool days, improved air quality, and a better experience for members. We predict that retractable roofs will become the status quo for the industry-leading health and fitness clubs in the future,” says Albertine.
A Case Study
The Ontario Racquet Club (ORC) has long been renowned for its outstanding indoor and outdoor sports facilities in the Greater Toronto Area. They wanted to expand their facilities to include a new aquatic center as well as exceed their members greatest expectations with their facility improvements.
OpenAire designed and installed a curved motorized retractable roof enclosure over the ORC’s new aquatic center, which boasts a 25-meter-long Junior Olympic pool, a brand-new patio, a small children’s splash pad, a BBQ pit, extensive lounge area, and a beautiful waterfall feature.
The new center with its retractable roof system allows everyone to enjoy ORC’s aquatic programs all-year-around. It was an instant sensation with members, resulting in a 20% increase in membership at the club.
The company’s retractable roof enclosures are all designed with energy-efficiency in mind. This means that despite the obvious aesthetic factor, they also offer up to 27% savings on energy costs, a perfect pool-temperature of 83 degrees Fahrenheit (28 °C) in any weather and guaranteed all-year-around use.
“The health and fitness industry is huge. Those who want to stand out above their competitors and increase their membership will find that a retractable roof can do just the job,” concludes Albertine.
OpenAire has been designing and manufacturing beautiful, high-quality, retractable roof structures and skylights for 28 years. We bring unique designs to life from concept to installation, transforming buildings into sunlit spaces that customers love. Headquartered in Oakville, Ontario, OpenAire is approaching 1,000 projects throughout North America, Europe, and the Middle East. Some of our projects include unique and inviting restaurant skylights and enclosures, such as the Rooftop Bar at the Refinery Hotel in New York NY (which achieved the #1 ranking in the 10Best Readers’ Choice Award for Best Hotel Rooftop Bar 2015); the Crooked Cue Pool Hall and Pub in Toronto ON; Gusto 101 in Toronto ON; the WaTiki Brown Rock Restaurant in Rapid City SD; LOCAL Public Eatery in Toronto ON; The Beer Garden at Ballpark Village in St. Louis MO; Goose Island’s Beer Bridge at Fourth Street Live in Lexington KY; Restoration Hardware’s “RH Gallery” courtyard in Chicago IL; and Pizza Express in Jersey Isle UK. More restaurants projects are currently under construction, including Boston Pizza in Toronto ON, Kelly’s Landing in Toronto ON; Barcelona Tavern in Toronto ON; and MOXY in Washington D.C. To learn more about OpenAire Inc., visit https://openaire.com/ and follow us on Twitter. For more details on this project, please e-mail email@example.com.
For more information contact:
T: 905-901-8535 TF: 1-800-267-4877
Photos accompanying this announcement are available at