- چنگدو پانڈا ایشین فوڈ فیسٹول چین کے شہر چنگدو میں منعقد ہواPosted 20 hours ago
- Chengdu Panda Asian Food Festival Held in Chinese City ChengduPosted 2 days ago
- ” فوجیان کے اطراف سیاحت، تمام نعمت ہے” سرگرمی کا تسلسل — لانگ یان، فوجیان کی پہلی ثقافت اور سیاحت انڈسٹری ڈویلپمنٹ کانفرنس گوشیان،شانگ ہانگ کاونٹی میں منعقدPosted 5 days ago
- دنیا بھر سے بورڈ اور کارڈ گیمز کے” سپربرینز” ہینگشوئی میں اکٹھے شریکPosted 5 days ago
- “Super brains” in board and card games from all over the world play together in HengshuiPosted 6 days ago
- “Tour around Fujian, Have all Blessings” Activity Series — The 1st Culture and Tourism Industry Development Conference of Longyan, Fujian takes place in Gutian, Shanghang CountyPosted 6 days ago
- چین کے سائنس اور ٹیکنالوجی کمیونٹی کے سربراہان بین الاقوامی تعاون کو بڑھانے اور زیادہ دوست بنانے کی امید کرتے ہیںPosted 1 week ago
- Heads of China’s Science and Technology Community Expect to Deepen International Cooperation and Make More FriendsPosted 1 week ago
- دچين دسائنس اؤ ټيکنالوجۍ دټولنې مشر دمرستې دژورتيا او نورو ملګرو دجوړولو توقعو کويPosted 1 week ago
- 125 واں کینٹن فیئر 195,000 خریداروں کا استقبال کرتا ہوا، 29.73 بلین ڈالر آمدن تک پہنچ کر اختتام پذیرPosted 2 weeks ago
NA Standing Committee on Rules of Procedure and Privileges meets
Islamabad A meeting of the National Assembly Standing Committee on Rules of Procedure and Privileges was held today at 11:00 a.m in Committee Room No. 2, Parliament House, Islamabad under the Chairmanship of Rana Muhammad Qasim Noon, MNA and then under Acting Chairmanship of Mr. Nawab Sher, MNA.
1. APPOINTMENT OF THE SUB-COMMITTEE
On the Question of Privilege raised by Ch. Abid Raza, MNA, regarding implicating the Hon. Member in a false politically motivated case in Kakarali Police Station, Gujrat by registering a fabricated FIR against him and alleged attempt by Mian Tahir Bashir, SP, Headquarter and Mian Muhamamd Arshad, DSP alongwith police force to forcibly occupy his property, the Committee unanimously decided to appoint a Sub-Committee on it. It was also decided by the Committee that the name of the Composition and ToRs of the Committee would be provided by the Hon. Chairman of the Committee, later on.
2. SUSPENSION OF OFFICERS OF MEPCO, MULTAN INVOLVED IN THE BREACH OF PRIVILEGE OF RANA MUHAMMAD QASIM NOON, MNA/CHAIRMAN
On the Question of Privilege raised by Rana Muhammad Qasim Noon, MNA regarding baseless and fabricated story concocted against the prestige of him for defamation amongst the public through Media in his absence by Mr. Tahir Ahmed Khan, Chief MEPCO, Multan, Mr. Umar Lodhi, Superintendent Engineer, Mr. Shahzad Rahi, XEN Shujabad Division, Raja Arif, SDO, Shujabad, Mr. Muhammad Mubashir, Line Superintendent, Mr. Muhammad Qamar, Assistant Lineman and Mr. Muhammad Khalid, LD against the Hon. Member, the Committee was not satisfied on the reply of the MD.PEPCO and C.E.O, MEPCO, Multan and unanimously recommended that the M.D, PEPCO should suspend and transfer all the above named officers involved in this Question of Privilege so that the proper inquiry should be conduct into the matter. The representative of Ministry of Law and Justice explained before the Committee that this Committee has the authority to take any decision about the Question of Privileges as its has to give its recommendations to the National Assembly. The Committee however, pended the Question of Privilege till its next meeting.
3. MR. HUMAYON KHAN, PROTOCOL OFFICER, MINISTRY OF RELIGIOUS AFFAIRS TO ATTEND THE NEXT MEETING OF THE COMMITTEE
On the issue of Question of Privilege raised by Mr. Faiz Ullah Khan, MNA, regarding misbehavior of Mr. Muhammad Adeel Pervaiz, Deputy Chief of Protocol (DCP) Ministry of Foreign Affairs, with the Hon. Member, the Committee was not satisfied with the response given by Mr. Adeel Pervaiz, therefore, the Committee unanimously directed that Mr. Humayon Khan, Protocol Officer of Ministry of Religious Affairs should attend the next meeting of the Committee. The Committee however, pended the Question of Privilege till its next meeting.
4. ISSUE OF AIR TICKETS AND VOUCHERS TO THE HON. MEMBERS AND THE CONVERSION OF THOSE AIR TICKETS INTO CREDIT CARDS
On the issue of Air Tickets and vouchers to the Hon. Members and the conversion of those Air Tickets into credit cards, the Committee decided that there needs some amendments in the Rules pertaining to the perks and privileges of the Members of the Parliament. The Committee expressed its displeasure for not attending the meeting by the Chief Executive Officer, PIA and directed that he should attend the next meeting of the Committee in person. The Committee further gave the following direction to the Secretary, Aviation Division and the Officers of PIA present in the meeting:
1. that the pick and drop facility should be given to the Hon. Parliamentarians from the Aircraft to the Terminal.
2. The renewal of MCOs.
3. Validation and re-validation of EMDs.
4. The names of the family members of the MNA should be given in the points of Award Plus.
5. To remove the condition that the Hon. Member can not use more than three tickets at one time.
6. To improve the mechanism of PIA to facilitate the Hon. Parliamentarians.
The Committee also decided to hold a separate meeting alongwith the Officers of Administration Wing to resolve the issue of Air Tickets and vouchers issued to the Hon. Members. The Committee also directed the C.E.O, PIA to facilitate the Hon. Members by providing the seats to those who are going to perform Umra.
5. REPORT OF THE SUB-COMMITTEE OF THE STANDING COMMITTEE ON RULES OF PROCEDURE AND PRIVILEGES UNDER THE CONVENERSHIP OF MR. NAWAB SHER
Mr.Nawab Sher, MNA/Convener of the Sub-Committee of the Standing Committee on Rules of Procedure and Privileges presented the Report of the Sub-Committee regarding amendment moved by Mr. Ali Muhammad Khan, MNA/Minister for Parliamentary Affairs in rule 69 of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the National Assembly, 2007. The main Committee made further amendments in the said report and then unanimously adopted the amended report.
6. The Committee could not confirm the minutes of its previous meeting held on 18th April, 2019 and decided that in future, the minutes of each previous meeting should be sent to the Committee Members in advance for their study before the coming meeting.
7. The meeting was attended by Rana Muhammad Qasim Noon, Mehar Ghulam Muhammad Lali, Mr. Nawab Sher, Mr. Khuram Shehzad, Mr. Zulfiqar Ali Khan Dullah, Rai Muhammad Murtaza Iqbal, Mian Muhamamd Shafiq, Makhdomzada Syed Basit Ahmed Sultan, Mr. Muhammad Amjad Farooq Khan Khosa, Mr. Muhammad Sajid, Chaudhry Armaghan Subhani, Mr. Mohsin Nawaz Ranjha, Mr.Muhammad Junaid Anwar Chaudhary, Syed Imran Ahmed Shah, Syed Murtaza Mahmud, Syed GHulam Mustafa Shah, Ms. Shagufta Jumani, Mr. Ali Wazir, MNAs. The meeting was also attended by Mr. Ali Muhammad Khan, MNA/Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs, Ch. Abid Raza and Mr. Faiz Ullah Khan, MNA/Movers.
Source: MINISTRY OF NATIONAL ASSEMBLY OF PAKISTAN