- Despite Brexit Uncertainty, Business Schools in UK Continue to See Strong International DemandPosted 1 day ago
- Validated with Microsoft Skype for Business, Patton Delivers Cloud-Powered IntegrationPosted 2 days ago
- وزيرة النقل بالولايات المتحدة، إلين تشاو، تعلن عن مجلس جديد لدعم تسويق “الهايبرلوب”.Posted 7 days ago
- U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao Announces New Council to Support Hyperloop CommercializationPosted 1 week ago
- پانی کی ری سائکلنگ اورمینجمنٹ کے لئے قانون سازی کا مطالبہPosted 1 week ago
- Call for Legislative Action for Water Recycling and ManagementPosted 1 week ago
- ترکی میں کرپٹوکرنسی کے ذریعے جائیداد خریدنا اب ممکن انطالیہ ہومز کے ساتھPosted 2 weeks ago
- YPO Names Elizabeth Zucker 2019-2020 ChairmanPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Graduate Management Admission Council Welcomes BI Norwegian Business School Into GMAC MembershipPosted 2 weeks ago
- FXCM Arabic Celebrates 20 Years of Trading With 31% off Gold Spreads for a Limited Time*Posted 3 weeks ago
Minister for LG briefed about Municipal Services Programme, preparation of Peshawar Master Plan
Peshawar: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Caretaker Minister for LG &RDD, Abdur Rauf Khattak was given a detailed presentation regarding the Municipal Services Program, preparation of Peshawar Master Plan as well as ongoing activities so far started recently.
Under this program, the MCP will be provided solid waste machinery for the whole corporation areas, including mechanical sweeper, compactors, mini dumpers, suction machine, jetting machine, excavators, landfill site machinery, containers and manual sweepers.
Under the water supply sector, the total number of 279 tubewells will be rehabilitated according to the demand of the community and all leakage, rusted; unhygienic pipes of distribution system will be replaced.
Similarly in sanitation sector, the whole drain system of the MCP area will be redesigned and rehabilitated. In sewerage and drainage the existing system will be rehabilitated including the waste water treatment plants.
The five-year, $84 million Municipal Services Program MSP will improve the capacity of the KP government to manage key municipal services, especially water and sanitation systems.
In its first phase, the programme aims to improve water supply; clean primary and secondary drains; rehabilitate drains and waste water treatment plants at Shahi Katta and Ring Road and; procure solid waste management machinery and vehicles.
The Minister stressed upon the authorities to ensure timely completion of all the ongoing activities with the designed quality and quantity.
He further directed the authorities to adopt the Solid Waste Management System according to the socio economic and cultural conditions of the area.
The Caretaker Minister visited various sites and discussed issues and problems with the communities in the area of Yakatoot, Zargar Abad and Asia at Peshawar City.