- China’s Chongqing awards 37 golden ideas for culture and tourism integrationPosted 6 hours ago
- Chongqing Liangjiang New Area rises from inland economic backwater to opening-up hubPosted 6 hours ago
- Alibaba’s new presence highlights Chongqing Liangjiang New Area’s passion for entrepreneurship, innovationPosted 6 hours ago
- SNOMED International Welcomes the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s National Health Information Center to the SNOMED CT CommunityPosted 1 day ago
- انطالیہ ہومز: ترکی سے پاکستانی زائرین کی تعداد میں 50 فیصداضافہ جو ایک لاکھ تک پہنچ جائے گیPosted 5 days ago
- ”ہاؤس کیپر-اسٹائل” سروس انٹرپرائزز کے لیے نیشنل نیننگ اکنامک اور ٹیکنالوجی ڈیویلپمنٹ ایریا میں وقت اور اقدمات کی بچت کرتی ہےPosted 5 days ago
- “Housekeeper-Style” Service Saves Time and Steps for Enterprises in National Nanning Economic & Technological Development AreaPosted 6 days ago
- 2019 چنگدو گلوبل انوویشن اور انٹرپرینیورشپ فیئر میں 33.3 بلین آر ایم بی کی ان ٹرانزیکشنز کی تکمیلPosted 6 days ago
- RMB33.3b in Transactions Completed at the 2019 Chengdu Global Innovation and Entrepreneurship FairPosted 1 week ago
- 2019 جنوب اور جنوب مشرقی ایشیا کی اشیاء کی ایکسپو اور سرمایہ کاری میلہ چین کے یونان کے کن مینگ میں منعقدPosted 1 week ago
King & Spalding Advises Sadara on Operations and Maintenance Agreement
DHAHRAN, SAUDI ARABIA–(Marketwired – April 17, 2013) – King & Spalding advised Sadara Chemical Company during the tendering and bid evaluation for an operations and maintenance agreement for packaging and shipping with Al Majdouie De Rijke Limited Company.
The contract, which was signed in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, on April 14, is one of several related project agreements in connection with the integrated performance chemicals and plastics complex known as the Sadara Complex, now being built in Jubail Industrial City II in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Total investment for the Sadara project will be approximately US$20 billion.
Sadara is a joint venture developed by Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco) and The Dow Chemical Company. The Sadara Complex, comprising 26 manufacturing units initially, will be one of the world’s largest integrated chemical facilities and the largest ever built in a single phase. It will contain flexible cracking capabilities, producing over three million metric tons of high value-added chemical products and performance plastics per year.
In addition to the operations and maintenance agreement, King & Spalding provides ongoing legal support to Sadara on a range of agreements, including railway transportation construction, railway transportation services, tank storage construction and port terminal.
Saudi Aramco is a fully-integrated, global petroleum enterprise and a world leader in exploration and production, refining, distribution, shipping and marketing of hydrocarbon products. Dow is a worldwide manufacturer and supplier of products used primarily as raw materials in the manufacture of customer products and services, in high growth sectors such as electronics, water, energy, coatings and agriculture.
The King & Spalding team representing Sadara on the operation and maintenance agreement is headed by partner Leroy Levy and supported by senior associate Mona Katigbak, counsel Mohammed Al-Ammar and associates Raymond Witt, Basem Chaikhouni, Ciaran Boyle and Sultan Almahsoud.
About King & Spalding
Celebrating more than 125 years of service, King & Spalding is an international law firm that represents a broad array of clients, including half of the Fortune Global 100, with 800 lawyers in 17 offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The firm has handled matters in over 160 countries on six continents and is consistently recognized for the results it obtains, uncompromising commitment to quality and dedication to understanding the business and culture of its clients. More information is available at www.kslaw.com.