- Despite Brexit Uncertainty, Business Schools in UK Continue to See Strong International DemandPosted 11 hours ago
- Validated with Microsoft Skype for Business, Patton Delivers Cloud-Powered IntegrationPosted 16 hours ago
- وزيرة النقل بالولايات المتحدة، إلين تشاو، تعلن عن مجلس جديد لدعم تسويق “الهايبرلوب”.Posted 6 days ago
- U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao Announces New Council to Support Hyperloop CommercializationPosted 7 days ago
- پانی کی ری سائکلنگ اورمینجمنٹ کے لئے قانون سازی کا مطالبہPosted 1 week ago
- Call for Legislative Action for Water Recycling and ManagementPosted 1 week ago
- ترکی میں کرپٹوکرنسی کے ذریعے جائیداد خریدنا اب ممکن انطالیہ ہومز کے ساتھPosted 2 weeks ago
- YPO Names Elizabeth Zucker 2019-2020 ChairmanPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Graduate Management Admission Council Welcomes BI Norwegian Business School Into GMAC MembershipPosted 2 weeks ago
- FXCM Arabic Celebrates 20 Years of Trading With 31% off Gold Spreads for a Limited Time*Posted 3 weeks ago
Jerusalem governor among 22 Palestinians detained by Israeli police
Jerusalem Israeli military police Wednesday overnight detained Jerusalem Governor Adnan Gheith and 21 other Palestinians during large-scale raids across East Jerusalem.
Palestinian news agency WAFA quoted Mohammad Mahmoud, an attorney representing the Palestine Prisoner's Society (PPS), as saying that Israeli military police and intelligence officer detained Jerusalem Governor Adnan Gheith after storming his house in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Silwan.
Police also conducted extensive raids in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of al-Essawiya, detaining 21 Palestinians.
Five days ago, over 40 Palestinians, mostly identified as members of the Fatah Movement, were rounded up in extensive detention raids across the city.
Recent detention raids follow escalating tensions inside Jerusalem's flashpoint Al-Aqsa Mosque compound over the closure of the metal gate leading to Bab al-Rahmeh, on the eastern wall of Jerusalem's Old City.
Bab al-Rahmeh has been shuttered by Israeli authorities since 2003. At the time, the closure was justified on the grounds of alleged political activities, but the building has remained closed ever since.
The closure of the metal gate with chains and locks was perceived by Palestinian Muslims as a harbinger to the division of Al-Aqsa Mosque compound and allocation of the eastern section for Israeli Jewish settlers.
Source: International Islamic News Agency