- چین کا ہینان فری ٹریڈ پورٹ21واں جشن منعقد کررہاہےPosted 2 days ago
- چین-آسیان ٹیکنالوجی ٹرانسفر اور جدت طرازی تعاون پر آٹھویں فورم کا ناننگ میں آغاز ہوگیاPosted 2 days ago
- ہینان فری تجارتی بندرگاہ پر پہلا انٹرنیشنل ٹورزم ایکیوپمنٹ ایکسپو کا انعقادPosted 2 days ago
- The 8th Forum on China-ASEAN Technology Transfer and Collaborative Innovation Unveiled in NanningPosted 2 days ago
- The First Hainan International Tourism Equipment Expo Held at the Hainan Free Trade PortPosted 3 days ago
- China’s Hainan Free Trade Port Holds the 21st CarnivalPosted 3 days ago
- The MILLA Group Selects the Leddar Pixell From LeddarTech for the MILLA POD Autonomous ShuttlePosted 4 days ago
- 10kW+ Laser Cutting Machine Made a Sales Record of 260 Sets, Bodor Laser Constantly Surprises the MarketPosted 5 days ago
- ننشا میں منعقدہ آئی ایف ایف میں سسٹین ایبل اکنامک ڈیویلپمنٹ ایک گرما گرم موضوع بنا ہوا ہےPosted 6 days ago
- SNOMED CT supports New Zealand’s Canterbury District Health Board realize vision of a data driven, connected and integrated health systemPosted 6 days ago
Dead toll in suicide attack rises to 8
QUETT: Death toll in Sunday’s suicide attack has risen to eight as another injured succumbed to injuries here Monday. Ninety seven injured in suicide attack were undergoing treatment at civil hospital and CMH.
It may be recalled here that a suicide bomber blew himself up near the residence of Inspector General Police Balochistan Mushtaq Ahmed Sukhera Sunday night. It was the biggest ever explosion in Quetta city. Entire city was jolted and there was dust storm which enveloped the city area.
Windowpanes, Windows, doors of houses at distant places were broken. Quetta Press Club, Quetta Municipal
Corporation, IG’s residence were worst hit. Entire window and windowpanes were broken due to explosion which shook the houses and shops 10 to 15 Km away. Only Press Club losses were expected to cost more than 0.8 million.
With the explosion electricity supply of the area disconnected. It was repaired after 22 hours tonight. Telephone and Mobile services were also affected. Telephone exchange building very close to the site of explosion was also badly damaged.
IG Police told media he was at his home when he heard the explosion. He said rescue of injured persons was topmost priority.
He said a truck was used for suicide attack in which around 1500 Kg explosive was used. Some chemical was also used which caught fire after explosion. A 15-feet deep and 7 feet wide crater was created at the site of explosion.
After explosion aerial firing was made. It was so heavy people had to take shelter behind walls and other.
Around 100 people were injured. They were shifted to civil hospital and CMH for treatment. Condition of some of them is stated to be critical.