- InvestorBrandNetwork (IBN) Recaps 2020 Milestones, Outlines 2021 InitiativesPosted 9 hours ago
- JinkoSolar Supplied 17.5MW High-efficiency Modules to Fauji Solar Power Plant in PakistanPosted 16 hours ago
- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 1 day ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 1 day ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 2 days ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 2 days ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 2 days ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 2 days ago
- پھولو ایک پاکسنانی کسان جس کے لاکھوں پرستار ہے نے ابھی سنیک ویڈیو جائن کیاPosted 2 days ago
- Phoollu, Pakistani farmer with millions of fans, just joined SnackVideoPosted 2 days ago
Court: SC accepts plea against sacking of PPP’s provincial ministers
ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court on Friday accepted for regular hearing a petition against sacking of seven ministers of Pakistan People’s Party from the Punjab cabinet. The petition was filed by one Shahid Orakzai challenging the Lahore High Court LHC ruling over the sacking.
The court rejected the contention of Punjab government that the petitioner had no locus standi to file this petition as he was not an aggrieved party in the matter. The court noted that after its various judgments the scope of aggrieved party had widened.
The petitioners maintained that the ministers were sacked without assigning any reason. The petitioner stated that the removal was made purely on political biases and the decision was made by the Pakistan Muslim League-N in Islamabad outside the jurisdiction of Punjab.
He said these ministers were not removed due to their poor performance but because of bias against their party. The petitioner stated that the CM could not advise the governor to remove any minister without having support of majority of the members in the assembly.