- Rhotex Inc Launches Environmentally-Sound Options to Crypto MiningPosted 8 hours ago
- Virgin Hyperloop Unveils Passenger Experience VisionPosted 12 hours ago
- ٹاپ پاکستانی سٹار جنت مرزا سنیک ویڈیو پر مقبولیت حاصل کر رہی ہےPosted 16 hours ago
- Top Pakistan Star Jannat Mirza is Amassing Growing Popularity on SnackVideoPosted 16 hours ago
- LeddarTech Announces Significant Growth in Customer Engagements, Partnerships, and Investment in 2020Posted 20 hours ago
- Top Pakistan Star Jannat Mirza is Amassing Growing Popularity on SnackVideoPosted 21 hours ago
- ٹاپ پاکستانی سٹار جنت مرزا سنیک ویڈیو پر مقبولیت حاصل کر رہی ہےPosted 21 hours ago
- Telefónica Germany selects Opanga Networks Inc for RAN OptimizationPosted 21 hours ago
- سعودی ائرلائن (سعودیہ) کوفلائٹ ہیلتھ سیفٹی کے لیے ہیرا اسٹیٹس ملا ہےPosted 22 hours ago
- Nyxoah announces full-body 1.5T and 3T MRI compatibility for the Genio® system to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)Posted 2 days ago
Cop booked for killing political activist
Karachi: Police lodged FIR against a cop in whose firing an activist of Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) was killed near Governor House Karachi some three months back.
Artillery Maidan police lodged the FIR number 136/12 on the complaint of Hamid Mustafa son of Abdul Hameed, resident of Pak Kosar Town Malir. The complainant stated that on 18 September 2012 he along with a procession carrying the body of slain JI leader, ex town nazim of Liaquatabad Dr Pervez Mehmood was going back from CM House after recording their protest, when he saw a policeman opened firing at the corner of street opposite Governor House near Masjid Al-Kabir at about 4:30. Some bullets hit his brother, Abdul Wahid, who died on the spot.
On the occasion, eyewitnesses present there, Muhammad Umar Farooq, Mubashir Ahmed Khan and others, recognized the accused cop. However, the police in order to save their man filed a fake FIR against ‘unknown accused’ and refused to record the evidences of the eyewitnesses. He said then he moved the court of ADJ South and the court ordered to record the FIR.
On 11-12-2012 the concerned SP summoned him and other eyewitnesses to the police station where they recognized the accused cop, later, identified as Muhammad Tariq and FIR was lodged against him. He requested that further action be taken against the accused.
Meanwhile, JI leader ex-PMA Muhammad Yunus Barai demanded the arrest of the accused and further probe into the matter. He said the police seem reluctant to carry out serious investigation and they are trying to linger on the matter. He said the IGP Sindh Fayyaz Ahmed Leghari and Additional IGP Karachi Iqbal Mehmood should personally take notice of the matter and ensure proper probe in this high-profile case.
Shabab-e-Milli Karachi in a statement expressed concern on the delaying tactics being used by the police in the case of murder of political activist Abdul Wahid and warned to besiege the concerned SP office if proper action was not taken against the accused.