- Nyxoah announces full-body 1.5T and 3T MRI compatibility for the Genio® system to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)Posted 20 hours ago
- JETEX EXPANDS ITS PRESENCE IN DUBAIPosted 2 days ago
- InvestorBrandNetwork (IBN) Recaps 2020 Milestones, Outlines 2021 InitiativesPosted 4 days ago
- JinkoSolar Supplied 17.5MW High-efficiency Modules to Fauji Solar Power Plant in PakistanPosted 5 days ago
- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 5 days ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 6 days ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 6 days ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 6 days ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 6 days ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 6 days ago
Concern over use of improper language in rallies
Karachi: A meeting of the leaders of political and religious parties here Thursday regretted use of improper language by a politician in a public rally, terming it another negative trend in already polarized politics of Pakistan
The meeting was held at Idara Noore Haq and attended among others by Difa-e-Pakistan Council leaders Saleem Zia of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz PMLN, Ameer Jamaat-e-Islami JI Karachi Muhammad Hussain Mehanti, naib Ameer JI Karachi Barjees Ahmed, Syed Zia Abbas of National Peoples’ Party NPP, Mehfooz Yar Khan of Awami Muslim Leaguer AML, Shamshad Khan Ghauri of Muttahida Qaumi Movement -Haqiqi MQMH, Hafiz Ahmed Ali of Jamiat Ulemae Islam JUI, Nusrat Mirza of PMRC and Maulana Yar Muhammad Rabbani.
They strongly condemned what they termed ‘abusive language used by Altaf Hussain against the political and religious leaders, Ulema, scholars and traders while commenting on All Parties Conference APC organised by DPC on Dec 27’.
They said that no one would be allowed to make the Karachiites hostage by threats and terrorism, adding no one can stop people from raising voice for the restoration of peace in Karachi.
They opined that perhaps Altaf Hussain was perplexed over that SC verdicts regarding new delimitation and voters’ verification in Karachi, and contempt notice, as well as, pace of probe in Imran Farooq murder case.
The moot in a resolution demanded that the Pakistan and Britain governments should take notice of the use of abusive and threatening language against political and religious leaders, particularly against Ulema.
They appealed the leaders of political and religious parties to file a petition in Supreme Court against use of such language, and also present a CD of the address in question to the British High Commissioner. They also appealed to the Ulema to condemn in their Friday congregations the use of this language.
Muhammad Hussain Mehanti said the aim of holding today’s all parties conference was to find out ways to restore peace in Karachi. “We want to make the city peaceful.” He said the Karachiites are not personal servants of any politician.