- Taconic Biosciences Expands Immuno-oncology Animal Model PortfolioPosted 11 hours ago
- ینگ شینگ اناج اور تیل کی مہم ٹائمز اسکوائر، نیو یارک، یو ایس اے میں نشرPosted 4 days ago
- Yingshang Grains and Oils Campaign Appears at Times Square, New York, USAPosted 5 days ago
- Open Society Foundations Announce 2020 Puerto Rico Youth FellowsPosted 5 days ago
- Sabin Vaccine Institute Funds Researchers to Investigate COVID-19 Misinformation, Design Solutions to Increase Vaccine AcceptancePosted 5 days ago
- ٹی سی ایل کی جانب سے سی ای ایس 2021 کے موقع پر مختلف کیٹیگریز میں نئی مصنوعات کی رونمائی- ٹی وی ،آڈیو،موبائل اور جدید گھریلو مصنوعاتPosted 6 days ago
- At CES 2021 TCL Unveils Newest Products in Multi-Categories – TV, Audio, Mobile and Smart Home AppliancesPosted 6 days ago
- سنیک ویڈو نے افتتاحی مواد کے ساتھ پاکستان میں اپنی پہلی تخلیق کار یعنی افتیتاحی کنٹینٹ اکیڈمی کی شروعات کردی ہیںPosted 6 days ago
- SnackVideo Kickstarts Its First Creator Academy in Pakistan with Inaugural Content CreatorsPosted 6 days ago
- سی آر آر سی نے آسٹریلیا میں چینی ثقافتی لائبریریاں قائم کردیںPosted 7 days ago
Book on Ali Brothers by Khalid Alig launched
Karachi: Eminent speakers highlighted the struggle steered by Ali Brothers during the freedom movement at a ceremony organized at Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology in connection with the launch of book on “Ali Brothers”.
The function was presided over by Engr. Adil Usman, Member SSUET’s Board of Governors and Vice-President Aligarh Muslim University Old Boys Association.
The voluminous book was written by Khalid Ali, a senior Aligarian, now settled in the US. The launching ceremony coincided with the “Jauhar Day” which is observed on January 4 every year.
The author, the grandson of Maulana Mohammed Ali Jauhar and Shaukat Ali, acquired his education from Aligarh Muslim University where he was elected as Union’s General Secretary in 1945 and later also in the Provincial Muslim League Council. He also served as Attaché of Pakistan in various countries.
After migration he served English daily Dawn in Karachi besides in the ISPR for some time.
He started his career as a journalist and worked in the Associated Press of India and later Dawn Delhi and London.
In his address Khalid Ali described Ali Brothers as shining stars of the hopes of Muslims of South Asia and their political acumen and talent was also mentioned by Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah and Mahatma Gandhi.
He said the struggle waged by Ali Brothers for the establishment of a separate homeland for the Muslims of South Asia had been a ray of hope and inspiration in the darkness.
Khalid Ali said that their greatness was a profound and unparalleled example of love for the cause of Muslims and they were of the firm conviction to have an independent country where they had two yards of land to live.
In his speech Prof Shamim Akhtar said the book is not only a biography but an authentic piece of the history of subcontinent. He said the book has fully covered the life and achievements of Ali Brothers, the prevailing conditions and trends.
Prof Afsar Sultana described the book as a most important and valuable contribution highlighting the personalities of Jauhars and their achievements and discussed the condition of Muslims in India at that time as well as events taking place during independence movement.
Azad Bin Hyder said that Khalid Ali has done a great favour to the history of subcontinent by writing this book which can be described a master piece among the books written so far since 1947.
Prof Dr. Waqar Ahmed Rizvi said the 16chapters book thoroughly envelopes the lives and achievements of Ali Brothers, freedom movement and their struggle. He said Pandit Nehru admitted that he learnt politics from Mohammed Ali Jauhar.
Noted poet and Convener SSUET’s Literary and Cultural Forum, Khumar Farooqui presented poetic homage to Ali Brothers.
The ceremony was also addressed by two university students Mohammed Umer Khan and Umer Ali Kazmi.