6th meeting of the Standing Committee on Defence was held today
Islamabad,: 6th meeting of the Standing Committee on Defence was held today at 11:00 a.m. in Committee Room of Pakistan Institute for Parliamentary Services (PIPS) near by Kashmir House, Ataturk Avenue (Service Road), F5/2, Islamabad under the Chairmanship of Mr. Amjad Ali Khan.
2. The meeting started with recitation from the Holy Quran. Then, the Committee decided to proceed with the agenda.
3. RESOLUTION AGAINST INDIAN TROOPS AGRESSION AT LOC AND REVOCATION OF ARTICLE 370
� The Committee unanimously passed a resolution against the Indian aggression at LOC and against the revocation of the article 370 by condemning the unlawful act of the Indian State in Kashmir. .
� The Committee asked the International Human Rights Organization's to play robust role to thwart the Indian human rights violation in Kashmir. And also mentioned that coercive steps taken by the Indian government and Military can destroy the peace of the region.
� The Committee strongly emphasized that the Kashmir issue must be solved according to the UN Resolution with immediate effect so that no further bloodshed takes place.
� The committee also mentioned that the Civilian and Military are on same page and ready to respond to any Indian aggression across the LOC and showed solidarity towards the Kashmiri brothers.
� Committee also prayed for the martyred officers and soldiers who laid down their lives on western border and wished speedy recovery to the injured.
� The Committee also directed to complete the process of border fencing as soon as possible in best interest of the national security.
4. DISPLEASURE AGAINST CHIEF SECRETARIES OF SINDH AND BALOCHISTAN AND SECRETARY MINISTRY OF FINANCE BALOCHISTAN FOR NOT ATTENDING THE MEETING OF COMMITTEE
The committee expressed its deep concern and serious displeasure for not attending the previous and the present meeting of the Committee on the very important issues of GST shares of the Cantonments from the Provinces of Sindh and Balochistan and the grantinaid being not given to Ministry of Defence from the Ministry of finance and directed that the said officers should attend the next meeting of committee at any cost.
5. THE FINANCE DEPARTMENT AND THE M/O DEFENCE SHOULD HOLD THEIR MEETING ON THE ISSUE OF GST SHARES TAKEN FROM THE PROVINCES OF SINDH AND BALOCHISTAN
After having a briefing from Ministry of Defence and response from Finance department Sindh, the committee unanimously directed the representatives of Finance Department, Sindh to have a meeting with the representatives of M/O Defence to resolve the issue regarding the Cantonment Boards for nonpayment and less receipts of Octroi share from Sindh province and come up with a final solution before the Standing Committee and Compliance.
6. BRIEFING ON ALL CANTONMENT BOARDS IN PAKISTAN
The Secretary M/O Defence briefed to the Committee about its different Cantonment Boards in the country and their different region. The Secretary M/O Defence answered about different queries and question of the Honorable Members of the Committee in this regard.
7. BRIEFING ON GRANTINAID
After briefing by the Ministry of Defence on the issue of GrantinAid Being not given to the Ministry of Defence from the Finance Division and directed the M/O Defence and Finance.
8. The meeting was attended by MNAs Mr. Syed Faiz Ul Hassan, Dr. Ramesh Kumar Vankwani, Ms.Kanwal Shauzab, Mr.Riaz ul Haq, Mr.Khursheed Ahmed Junejo, and Mr.Aftab Shaban Mirani. The meeting was also attended by senior officers of the Ministry of Defence.
Source: MINISTRY OF NATIONAL ASSEMBLY OF PAKISTAN