- JETEX EXPANDS ITS PRESENCE IN DUBAIPosted 12 hours ago
- InvestorBrandNetwork (IBN) Recaps 2020 Milestones, Outlines 2021 InitiativesPosted 3 days ago
- JinkoSolar Supplied 17.5MW High-efficiency Modules to Fauji Solar Power Plant in PakistanPosted 3 days ago
- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 4 days ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 4 days ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 4 days ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 5 days ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 5 days ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 5 days ago
- پھولو ایک پاکسنانی کسان جس کے لاکھوں پرستار ہے نے ابھی سنیک ویڈیو جائن کیاPosted 5 days ago
Yields on Italian BTPs Break Support, Bonos Follow — City Index UK
LONDON–(Marketwire – December 21, 2012) – City Index UK – Italian 10-year government bond yields post their fourth consecutive monthly decline, the longest decline in three years.
One of the least discussed aspects of the ECB’s announced OMT programme was its counter-intuitively stabilising impact. The announcement did not force Spain into requesting sovereign aid, but it succeeded in supporting the euro, sovereign bonds as well as European bank stocks.
Those improved ‘market metrics’ removed the market strains accompanied with forcing a nation to request a bailout and led to more favourable conditions, enabling economies to pursue austere policies in less strenuous market environments.
Read full article and see chart here: Yields on Italian BTPs Break Support, Bonos Follow
More importantly, 10-year BTP yields have broken below their 200-week moving average for the first time since December 2010. The first attempt occurred two weeks ago, followed by a rebound, but this week’s renewed decline is rather considerable.
The Death Cross on the weekly chart is illustrated by the cross-over between the 55 and 100 WMAs. The chart shows two previous occasions of Death and Golden Crosses when yields moved accordingly. Not shown on the chart is the Golden Cross of 2006 (leading to higher yields), and the Death Cross of 2004 (leading to falling yields).
On the monthly chart, 10-yr BTP yields drop below their 100-month moving average, shortly after breaking below the 55- and 200-month moving average.
Marrying such powerful indicators from various schools of technical analysis bolsters the case for further yields downside and is consistent with our previous calls for EUR/USD and equities aid out.
About City Index:
City Index is one of the world leaders in spread betting and CFD trading. Established in the UK in 1983 we have grown to become leading providers of contracts for difference, FX and spread betting over the past 29 years.
Spread Betting Explained – Simply put, Spread Betting is a tax-free alternative to conventional trading, enabling you to profit from rising as well as falling market prices.
Your losses are magnified in exactly the same way as your gains if the market moves against you and can result in losses exceeding your initial outlay. Please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.