- Bombardier Announces Closing Date, Amended Terms for Sale of Aerostructures Business to Spirit AeroSystems Holding, Inc.Posted 17 hours ago
- شركة Sphera تُطلق برنامجًا متطورًا مصممًا لتحويل أداء سلامة العمليات وإدارة المخاطر التشغيليةPosted 5 days ago
- Sphera Launches Cutting-Edge Software Designed to Transform Process Safety and Operational Risk Management PerformancePosted 6 days ago
- New Style of Remote Lesson, Experience-based Event “Pinch to Move! Three-dimensional Vision in Air” in ActionPosted 6 days ago
- [INVNT GROUP]™ And World Air League® Partner On World-First Cultural, Sports And Entertainment Event, World Sky Race®Posted 1 week ago
- یو لسم پین بیبو ګلف اقتصادی تعاون فورم او 2020 بیبو ګلف انټر نیشنل ګیټ وے پورټ تعاون سمټ 15 اکتوبر له په ګوانګسی نیننګ ښار کښي منعقد شو۔Posted 1 week ago
- Carnegie Endowment Announces The Malcolm H. Kerr Carnegie Middle East CenterPosted 1 week ago
- مؤسسة كارنيغي للسلام الدولي تُعلن عن “مركز مالكوم كير- كارنيغي للشرق الأوسط”Posted 1 week ago
- گیارہواں پین بیبو گلف اکانومک کوپریشن فورم اور 2020 بیبوگلف انٹر نیشنل گیٹ وے پورٹ کوپریشن سمٹ 15 اکتوبر کو گوانگزے کے شہر نیننگ میں منعقد ہواPosted 1 week ago
- The 11th Pan-Beibu Gulf Economic Cooperation Forum & 2020 Beibu Gulf International Gateway Port Cooperation Summit was held on October 15 in Guangxi’s Nanning CityPosted 2 weeks ago
Violence of 2012: Sindh govt to compensate 700 bereaved families
Karachi: A commission set up by the Sindh government to compensate the families of people killed in violence in 2012 has verified the list containing 700 families eligible for the compensation.
Retired Justice Zahid Qurban Alvi, chairman of the compensation commission told this to media Tuesday at his office. He said the commission has compiled a list of 700 victims, mainly belonging to activists of the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM), Awami National Party (ANP), Jafaria Alliance and other parties.
He said that list suggests that 170 slain workers belonged to Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), 150 to MQM, more than 100 to Jafaria Alliance, 99 to the ANP, 28 to the Sunni Tehreek, 4 to the MQM-Haqiqi, 11 to the Awami Tehreek and 31 to the Katchhi Rabita Committee, who were killed on the political grounds.
He told that the Rs0.2million will be given to each bereaved family.
He said that political parties had provided the list of victimized families last year. He said after verifying the record of victims, compensation is given. He said that this year also political parties took the responsibility to suggest the names of the victims to compensate them in transparent manner.
He said besides these 700 families, the families of other victims who lost their life in violence in 2012 would also be compensated; however, the verification in this regard is still in process.
He said that beyond the compensation, the commission was trying to provide other benefits like education and vocational training to the children of the victims.