- Taconic Biosciences Expands Immuno-oncology Animal Model PortfolioPosted 19 hours ago
- ینگ شینگ اناج اور تیل کی مہم ٹائمز اسکوائر، نیو یارک، یو ایس اے میں نشرPosted 5 days ago
- Yingshang Grains and Oils Campaign Appears at Times Square, New York, USAPosted 5 days ago
- Open Society Foundations Announce 2020 Puerto Rico Youth FellowsPosted 5 days ago
- Sabin Vaccine Institute Funds Researchers to Investigate COVID-19 Misinformation, Design Solutions to Increase Vaccine AcceptancePosted 6 days ago
- ٹی سی ایل کی جانب سے سی ای ایس 2021 کے موقع پر مختلف کیٹیگریز میں نئی مصنوعات کی رونمائی- ٹی وی ،آڈیو،موبائل اور جدید گھریلو مصنوعاتPosted 6 days ago
- At CES 2021 TCL Unveils Newest Products in Multi-Categories – TV, Audio, Mobile and Smart Home AppliancesPosted 6 days ago
- سنیک ویڈو نے افتتاحی مواد کے ساتھ پاکستان میں اپنی پہلی تخلیق کار یعنی افتیتاحی کنٹینٹ اکیڈمی کی شروعات کردی ہیںPosted 6 days ago
- SnackVideo Kickstarts Its First Creator Academy in Pakistan with Inaugural Content CreatorsPosted 6 days ago
- سی آر آر سی نے آسٹریلیا میں چینی ثقافتی لائبریریاں قائم کردیںPosted 7 days ago
Tesco Reports Strongest Sales Growth in Three Years as Turnaround Plan Starts to Deliver — Finspreads
LONDON–(Marketwire – January 11, 2013) – Finspreads — Tesco shares rallied close to 3% on Thursday after the world’s third largest retailer reported its strongest sales growth for three years for the key December period.
Tesco reported like for like sales growth of 1.8%, which was above the top end of market expectations of 1.55 and showed a good recovery from a sales decline of 0.5% in the third quarter. We should, however, remember that whilst the first segment of the fourth quarter has shown a marked bounce back, we must wait to see whether this sales strength can be continued into the tail end of the quarter and indeed throughout 2013.
Make no mistake, however, that this is perhaps one of the strongest Tesco reports in over a year on the basis that it shows that the company’s fight to turn itself around is starting to work. Momentum is the key with returning shareholder faith in Tesco’s board to turn the company around. The first stage of this momentum turn was the decision at the end of 2012 to sell all or part of the loss making Fresh and Easy US operations. The second stage is their stronger than expected Christmas sales growth reported this morning. The key going forward now is showing levels of consistency in returning to sales growth having seen a swathe of sales declines last year and this will be Tesco’s biggest challenge in a tough economic environment. In this sense, a degree of caution should be employed.
Tesco shares rallied as much as 3% to trade towards the top of the FTSE 100 performers list, hitting their highest levels since the January 2012 profit warning was issued.
Finspreads pioneered browser-based spread betting in the UK in 1999 by being the first provider in the industry to offer real time spread betting access via a browser.
We offer some of the tightest spreads in the market, with 1 point on the FTSE 100. Build your spread betting confidence gradually, starting with low stake sizes from just 10p on a range of markets.
Your losses are magnified in exactly the same way as your gains if the market moves against you and can result in losses exceeding your initial outlay. Please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.