- Nasdaq وIraq Stock Exchange توقّعان على اتفاقية جديدة حول تكنولوجيا السوقPosted 23 hours ago
- یوٹل نے آسٹریلیا اور میلبورن میں اولین فلیگشپ ہوٹل کے لئے پرعزم ترقیاتی منصوبوں کا اعلان کردیاPosted 2 days ago
- Nasdaq and the Iraq Stock Exchange Signs New Market Technology AgreementPosted 2 days ago
- ” فوجیان کے اطراف سیاحت، حاصل کریں تمام نعمتیں” رنگ برنگے ژینگژو کی شاندار دنیا میں خوش آمدیدPosted 3 days ago
- Yotel Announces Ambitious Growth Plans for Australia and First Flagship Hotel in MelbournePosted 3 days ago
- “Tour around Fujian, Have all Blessings” — Welcome to the Fantastic World of Colorful ZhangzhouPosted 4 days ago
- ہائیکو میں ڈکٹیل کریک کے ساتھ تصویر کی مانند دلکش واٹرفرنٹ راہداریPosted 1 week ago
- الخطوط الجوية الكويتية تنضمّ إلى نادي عطلات أنانتارا كأحدث شريك يتيح تحويل نقاط الطيرانPosted 1 week ago
- Anantara Vacation Club to add Kuwait Airways as Newest Airline Points Conversion PartnerPosted 1 week ago
- Picturesque Waterfront Corridor along Ducktail Creek in HaikouPosted 1 week ago
Standing Committee on Information, Broadcasting, National History and Literary Heritage meets
Islamabad; Meeting of the Standing Committee on Information, Broadcasting, National History and Literary Heritage was held in Conference Room of PEMRA, Islamabad this afternoon with Mian Javed Latif, in the Chair.
The Committee recorded protest over the nonissuance of Production Orders of Mr. Asif Ali Zardari and Khawaja Saad Rafique under Rule 108 of Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the National Assembly 2007. The Committee deemed it a clear violation of rule and recommended that if the Government is reluctant to release the production orders, amendment may be brought in the existing rules.
The Committee expressed its grave concern over the issue of nonpayment of salaries to the media persons and directed that M/o Information, Broadcasting, National History and Literary Heritage may present the draft of new policy formulated to remove lacuna's to streamline the services of media persons so that Committee could finalize it inconsultation with all stake holders.
The Committee criticize the media policy of the Government and directed that Ministry may provide complete detail of amount released to different private channels during the last six months and report to the Committee in its next meeting.
Earlier, Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Information, Broadcasting, National History and Literary Heritage briefly apprised the Committee about the efforts taken by them to safeguard the interest of the media persons and problems faced by them in this regard.
The meeting was attended by Engr. Usman Khan Tarakai, MNA, Mr. Muhammad Akram Cheema, MNA Mr. Aftab Jahangir, MNA Ms. Javaria Zafar Aheer, Ms. Syma Nadeem, MNA, Ms. Kanwal Shauzab, MNA Syed AminulHaque, MNA, Ms. Marriyum Aurangzeb, MNA Ms. Maiza Hameed, MNA, Dr. Nafisa Shah, MNA, Ms. Naz Baloch, MNA and Officials of M/o Information, Broadcasting, National History and Literary Heritage, and representatives of media Unions.
Source: MINISTRY OF NATIONAL ASSEMBLY OF PAKISTAN