- 2019 چنگدو گلوبل انوویشن اور انٹرپرینیورشپ فیئر میں 33.3 بلین آر ایم بی کی ان ٹرانزیکشنز کی تکمیلPosted 1 day ago
- RMB33.3b in Transactions Completed at the 2019 Chengdu Global Innovation and Entrepreneurship FairPosted 2 days ago
- 2019 جنوب اور جنوب مشرقی ایشیا کی اشیاء کی ایکسپو اور سرمایہ کاری میلہ چین کے یونان کے کن مینگ میں منعقدPosted 3 days ago
- 2019 South & Southeast Asia Commodity Expo and Investment Fair held in Kunming, China’s YunnanPosted 5 days ago
- زوزین اور ایک پاکستانی فیڈ انٹرپرائز باہمی فوائد اور برابری سطح کا تعاون حاصل کرتے ہوئےPosted 6 days ago
- ZOZEN and a Pakistan feed enterprise achieve mutual benefits and win-win cooperationPosted 1 week ago
- Melissa All-in-One Identity Verification to be Highlighted at FinTech Junction 2019Posted 1 week ago
- فینګ چینګ کینګ سټي کې د نړیوالو طبي سهولتونو او مرستو تابیاPosted 2 weeks ago
- فینگ چینگ کینگ سٹی میں بین الاقوامی طبی جدت اور تعاون کے فورم کا انعقادPosted 2 weeks ago
- International Medical Innovation and Cooperation Forum held in Fangchenggang CityPosted 2 weeks ago
SSUET becomes first to use Microsoft Cloud application
KARACHI: Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology SSUET, became the first academic institution to migrate on Office 365 application of Microsoft Cloud the most latest technology now being used worldwide.
In this regard a ceremony was held at SSUET in which the Office 365, the latest cloud technology of Microsoft, was formally launched by Vice Chancellor Prof Dr Jawaid Hassan Rizvi.
In a detail presentation on the occasion, Zafarul Islâm, Microsoft Technology Expert, Asia Pacific Region, stated that this facility is provided by Microsoft free of cost to only academic and research institution globally. A team of SSUET networking staff had been working with Microsoft to transfer SSUET email service to Office 365.
“This has been a major undertaking that includes changes to our authentications system, grouping and training”, said Vice Chancellor Dr. Jawaid Rizvi, while inaugurating the services by clicking the computer button. He thanked networking and server room staff, who, he observed, has been working hard for a successful migration and many of them have already received training on the new cloud technology.
This is an important step towards transfer and adoption of high tech cloud technology for which direction and timeline of year 2015 have been given by Higher Education Commission HEC to all members public and private sector universities, he pointed out adding that SSUET is also the partner of Microsoft Software Strategic Alliance through HEC.
In his welcome address Abdul Moid Khan, System Manager SSUET said we have been working with Microsoft, its local and international support is available all the way in this project. By transfer of SSUET network services on Microsoft Cloud, SSUET will enter into the world of paperless environment and will enjoy following high tech facilities free of cost.
In his presentation, Zafarul Islâm dilated upon in detail the salient features of the technology and its applications in various academic, commercial and business fields, including Exchange online For Emails on SSUET domain firstname.lastname@example.org, outlook Web app Outlook Web version Lync online For Video Conferencing and messaging and SharePoint Portal Online Complete Document Management System.
He informed that Migration on Microsoft Office 365 is widely adapted globally, especially in academic environment, as Microsoft is providing these services free of cost to all academic institutions. e.g. Duke University, Emory University, Thomas Jefferson University, University of Iowa and University of Washington chose Office 365 for education and next generation cloud productivity services.
He said many universities in Pakistan are working on this project. However, it is a big achievement that SSUET is the first in academic sector in Pakistan with more than 7000+ accounts to adopt and transfer on Office 365 cloud. The Associate Dean SSUET, Dr. Najib Siddiqui, said that it is the latest technology adopted by SSUET and it will take this institution to new horizons providing support to imparting modern education to its students.
Zafarul Islâm explained the top 10 business and technical priorities, highlighted the importance of education and said that technology play an important role in it as well as development of society and economy as a whole besides industrial skills. On the occasion, Anas Kidwai, Project Coordinator Microsoft Innovation Center, gave a presentation on Microsoft and Academia Collaboration.