- چنگدو پانڈا ایشین فوڈ فیسٹول چین کے شہر چنگدو میں منعقد ہواPosted 21 hours ago
- Chengdu Panda Asian Food Festival Held in Chinese City ChengduPosted 2 days ago
- ” فوجیان کے اطراف سیاحت، تمام نعمت ہے” سرگرمی کا تسلسل — لانگ یان، فوجیان کی پہلی ثقافت اور سیاحت انڈسٹری ڈویلپمنٹ کانفرنس گوشیان،شانگ ہانگ کاونٹی میں منعقدPosted 5 days ago
- دنیا بھر سے بورڈ اور کارڈ گیمز کے” سپربرینز” ہینگشوئی میں اکٹھے شریکPosted 5 days ago
- “Super brains” in board and card games from all over the world play together in HengshuiPosted 6 days ago
- “Tour around Fujian, Have all Blessings” Activity Series — The 1st Culture and Tourism Industry Development Conference of Longyan, Fujian takes place in Gutian, Shanghang CountyPosted 6 days ago
- چین کے سائنس اور ٹیکنالوجی کمیونٹی کے سربراہان بین الاقوامی تعاون کو بڑھانے اور زیادہ دوست بنانے کی امید کرتے ہیںPosted 1 week ago
- Heads of China’s Science and Technology Community Expect to Deepen International Cooperation and Make More FriendsPosted 1 week ago
- دچين دسائنس اؤ ټيکنالوجۍ دټولنې مشر دمرستې دژورتيا او نورو ملګرو دجوړولو توقعو کويPosted 1 week ago
- 125 واں کینٹن فیئر 195,000 خریداروں کا استقبال کرتا ہوا، 29.73 بلین ڈالر آمدن تک پہنچ کر اختتام پذیرPosted 2 weeks ago
Sindh Government Increases Water Tariff by 9 Percent
Sindh Government Minister Saeed Ghani has announced a hike of 9 percent in water tariff from July 1, 2019.
He made this announcement while speaking to media after attending a meeting at the provincial assembly.
The minister said the decision was taken earlier by the Water Board and that no industrial zone in the metropolitan city will be exempted from this increase in water tariff.
He said the 9 percent increase translates to only Rs. 20 to Rs. 22 every month which is not even Rs. 1 per day.
The minister said that Sindh Government was making every possible effort to revive Karachi Water and Sewerage Board (KWSB).
We want to make KWSB not only self-sufficient but also a profit-making institution, but also that the board meets people's expectations.
In response to a question, the minister said the issue of price hike for industrial areas was raised yesterday by a chambers of commerce member during the meeting of KWSB's board of governance.
He said the Sindh government has left the matter of new tariff for industrial areas to the water board to decide.
Ghani said that he learned about the contempt notice through the media and is yet to receive a notice from the court.
We stand by our commitment of implementing decisions of the court whether we like it or not.
He said that he would certainly appear before the court, if summoned, and will present his point of view.
He's still of the view that carrying out court orders of bulldozing 500 houses of poor people was against the ground realities and he would prefer to step down from his post rather than implementing the court directives.
I don't see this comment falling in the purview of contempt of court, he added.
Source: Pro Pakistani