- Taconic Biosciences Expands Immuno-oncology Animal Model PortfolioPosted 13 hours ago
- ینگ شینگ اناج اور تیل کی مہم ٹائمز اسکوائر، نیو یارک، یو ایس اے میں نشرPosted 5 days ago
- Yingshang Grains and Oils Campaign Appears at Times Square, New York, USAPosted 5 days ago
- Open Society Foundations Announce 2020 Puerto Rico Youth FellowsPosted 5 days ago
- Sabin Vaccine Institute Funds Researchers to Investigate COVID-19 Misinformation, Design Solutions to Increase Vaccine AcceptancePosted 6 days ago
- ٹی سی ایل کی جانب سے سی ای ایس 2021 کے موقع پر مختلف کیٹیگریز میں نئی مصنوعات کی رونمائی- ٹی وی ،آڈیو،موبائل اور جدید گھریلو مصنوعاتPosted 6 days ago
- At CES 2021 TCL Unveils Newest Products in Multi-Categories – TV, Audio, Mobile and Smart Home AppliancesPosted 6 days ago
- سنیک ویڈو نے افتتاحی مواد کے ساتھ پاکستان میں اپنی پہلی تخلیق کار یعنی افتیتاحی کنٹینٹ اکیڈمی کی شروعات کردی ہیںPosted 6 days ago
- SnackVideo Kickstarts Its First Creator Academy in Pakistan with Inaugural Content CreatorsPosted 6 days ago
- سی آر آر سی نے آسٹریلیا میں چینی ثقافتی لائبریریاں قائم کردیںPosted 7 days ago
Sindh disturbances meant to put off polls: JI Ameer
Lahore: Ameer, Jamaat e Islami, Pakistan, Syed Munawar Hasan, has said that anti state elements had become active to destabilize the country with the aim to postpone the elections, and the disturbance in Karachi and other cities of Sindh besides the rocket attack at the Peshawar Airport were linked to it.
Talking to the JI workers at Mansoora before his departure for Karachi on Sunday, he said that a terrorist organization was bent upon worsening the situation in Karachi which was already crumbling due to target killings and lawlessness. In fact, he said, the MQM was furious over the Supreme Court orders for door to door survey of the voters and the fresh delimitation of constituencies.
He said that all other parties in Karachi had welcomed and supported the court decision. On the other hand, the MQM considered it a conspiracy against itself and had the apprehension that all its irregularities in this regard would be unearthed and it would be difficult for it to win the elections through coercion and rigging as it had been doing in the past. The issuance of contempt notice to Altaf Hussain had further infuriated it.
Syed Munawar Hasan said that the disturbances in different cities and towns in Sindh on Saturday reflected a terrorist mindset. The people of Karachi had always considered the MQM a terrorist organization and not a political party and the MQM had taken the people of Karachi as hostages.
The Supreme Court, he said, had taken timely notice of Altaf Husain’s tirade against the judiciary and issued him a contempt notice. Instead of replying to the contempt notice in a lawful, constitutional way, the MQM had taken to violence and terrorism so as to cow down the court. In fact, the MQM leaders thought themselves above the law and the constitution.
Syed Munawar Hasan strongly condemned the MQM’s campaign against the Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry and termed it immoral and unethical. He said this campaign reminded one of the killings in the port city on May the 12th of May to fail the Chief Justice visit to Karachi.