- Nyxoah announces full-body 1.5T and 3T MRI compatibility for the Genio® system to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)Posted 19 hours ago
- JETEX EXPANDS ITS PRESENCE IN DUBAIPosted 2 days ago
- InvestorBrandNetwork (IBN) Recaps 2020 Milestones, Outlines 2021 InitiativesPosted 4 days ago
- JinkoSolar Supplied 17.5MW High-efficiency Modules to Fauji Solar Power Plant in PakistanPosted 5 days ago
- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 5 days ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 6 days ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 6 days ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 6 days ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 6 days ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 6 days ago
Sindh assembly passes resolutions against KBD
Karachi: Sindh Assembly here on Friday unanimously passed four resolutions against the Kalabagh Dam; however, the treasury and opposition members continued exchange of allegations during heated debate on the issue.
Members debated on four resolutions against the project of Kala Bagh Dam and related issues and later passed all the four resolutions unanimously.
Dr Sikandar Ali Mandhro of Pakistan Peoples’ Party-Parliamentarian (PPP-P), Imran Zafar Laghari of PPP-P, Syed Khalid Ahmed of Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) and Nusrat Bano Seher Abbasi of PML-F were the main movers of these four resolutions.
Members speaking on the resolutions rejected the dam project and vowed to resist it with full force. However, the PPP-P and opposition members traded allegations and accused one another of covert support in past to this project in one or the other way. The opposition members raised the point that the opposition leader in Punjab Assembly belonging to the PPP-P is openly supporting the Kalabagh Dam project; however, the party is opposing it in other provinces. The treasury members accused the opposition parties that in past they had supported dictators on this project and now they were posing themselves as nationalists.
However, despite a lot of mudslinging all the parties in the house unanimously approved all the four resolutions.
Later, PPP-P PMA Ghulam Mujadid Israni presented a resolution to declare Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto as the symbol of democracy and proper maintenance of her mausoleum by the Sindh Government. The House passed the resolution unanimously.
The speaker announced that the Governor of Sindh has given accent to The Sindh Public Procurement (Amendment Bill), 2012.
The report of the public accounts committee regarding draft paras for the financial years 2005-6, 2006-7 and 2007-8 ) was laid before the house and adopted.
Later, the speaker read out the order of Governor Sindh to prorogue the session.