- 2019 چنگدو گلوبل انوویشن اور انٹرپرینیورشپ فیئر میں 33.3 بلین آر ایم بی کی ان ٹرانزیکشنز کی تکمیلPosted 23 hours ago
- RMB33.3b in Transactions Completed at the 2019 Chengdu Global Innovation and Entrepreneurship FairPosted 2 days ago
- 2019 جنوب اور جنوب مشرقی ایشیا کی اشیاء کی ایکسپو اور سرمایہ کاری میلہ چین کے یونان کے کن مینگ میں منعقدPosted 3 days ago
- 2019 South & Southeast Asia Commodity Expo and Investment Fair held in Kunming, China’s YunnanPosted 5 days ago
- زوزین اور ایک پاکستانی فیڈ انٹرپرائز باہمی فوائد اور برابری سطح کا تعاون حاصل کرتے ہوئےPosted 6 days ago
- ZOZEN and a Pakistan feed enterprise achieve mutual benefits and win-win cooperationPosted 1 week ago
- Melissa All-in-One Identity Verification to be Highlighted at FinTech Junction 2019Posted 1 week ago
- فینګ چینګ کینګ سټي کې د نړیوالو طبي سهولتونو او مرستو تابیاPosted 2 weeks ago
- فینگ چینگ کینگ سٹی میں بین الاقوامی طبی جدت اور تعاون کے فورم کا انعقادPosted 2 weeks ago
- International Medical Innovation and Cooperation Forum held in Fangchenggang CityPosted 2 weeks ago
SHC seeks report on actions taken against water theft
KARACHI: Sindh High Court SHC on Thursday sought a report from the home department regarding action taken by it to halt the stealing of water from illegal hydrants being operated in different parts of the city.
A division bench of SHC, headed by Justice Muneeb Akhtar, was seized with the hearing of a petition filed by Karachi Water and Sewerage Board KWSB, seeking action against illegal water hydrants in Karachi.
KWSB’s counsel had submitted that various illegal water hydrants were operating in different parts of the city. It was submitted that illegal hydrants were being operated within the limits of Sindhi Muslim Society, Gulistan-i-Jauhar, Zaman Town, Sukhia Goth, Mauripur, Landhi and New Karachi police stations.
He stated that KWSB and police jointly launched a massive clampdown against such hydrants in 2009, but the powerful persons rebuilt unlawful water hydrants and were stealing water.
It was submitted that first information reports FIRs were registered at the different police stations, but police did not put any gear in practice to take action against such hydrants. The KWSB counsel prayed to direct the respondents police stations to restrain the illegal water hydrants from operating in the city.
The bench directed additional advocate general to obtain the instructions from secretary home department as to what action he has taken or is intending to take action against the illegal hydrants.