- چنگدو پانڈا ایشین فوڈ فیسٹول چین کے شہر چنگدو میں منعقد ہواPosted 21 hours ago
- Chengdu Panda Asian Food Festival Held in Chinese City ChengduPosted 2 days ago
- ” فوجیان کے اطراف سیاحت، تمام نعمت ہے” سرگرمی کا تسلسل — لانگ یان، فوجیان کی پہلی ثقافت اور سیاحت انڈسٹری ڈویلپمنٹ کانفرنس گوشیان،شانگ ہانگ کاونٹی میں منعقدPosted 5 days ago
- دنیا بھر سے بورڈ اور کارڈ گیمز کے” سپربرینز” ہینگشوئی میں اکٹھے شریکPosted 5 days ago
- “Super brains” in board and card games from all over the world play together in HengshuiPosted 6 days ago
- “Tour around Fujian, Have all Blessings” Activity Series — The 1st Culture and Tourism Industry Development Conference of Longyan, Fujian takes place in Gutian, Shanghang CountyPosted 6 days ago
- چین کے سائنس اور ٹیکنالوجی کمیونٹی کے سربراہان بین الاقوامی تعاون کو بڑھانے اور زیادہ دوست بنانے کی امید کرتے ہیںPosted 1 week ago
- Heads of China’s Science and Technology Community Expect to Deepen International Cooperation and Make More FriendsPosted 1 week ago
- دچين دسائنس اؤ ټيکنالوجۍ دټولنې مشر دمرستې دژورتيا او نورو ملګرو دجوړولو توقعو کويPosted 1 week ago
- 125 واں کینٹن فیئر 195,000 خریداروں کا استقبال کرتا ہوا، 29.73 بلین ڈالر آمدن تک پہنچ کر اختتام پذیرPosted 2 weeks ago
Senate Standing Committee on Petroleum
Senate Standing Committee on Petroleum in its meeting discussed the issues of queue system for oil tanker lorries in PSO and the preference to tankers lorries complaint to OGRA/NHA defined standards. The Committee's earlier direction was of making one queue for all compliant and non-compliant vehicles. OGRA had set a deadline of October 2019 for using only compliant vehicles for oil transportation and only five months are left to meet the deadline. After the deadline all non-compliant oil tankers will be grounded.
The Committee after hearing the members, Pakistan State Oil, Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority and Oil Tankers Contractors Association directed that there should be two queue system by PSO with compliant vehicles in one and non-compliant in the separate queue. The Committee noted that non-compliant vehicles means non-compliant whether they are of private contractors or of NLC and al should be treated equally. The Committee also directed that PSO should run the queue on the same system as the private companies and PSO should be given the right to run the queue.
Regarding the issue of supply of natural gas to Dara Adam Khel, sub-division Kohat, the Committee was told by Petroleum Division and SNGPL that there is a Peshawar High Court decision barring SNGPL to work on any other project in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa before working on gas project in Thal and adjoining areas. The Committee was assured that the funding for Thal project has been recommended by ECC and it will be ratified by the cabinet soon which will provide way for the project initiation in Dara Adam Khel.
The Committee was also given a briefing on the Public Sector Development Programme schemes of the Petroleum Division for the financial years 2019-20. The matter of removal from service of Mr. Fakhar Alam Khan, Senior Supervisor distribution record, Charsada was also discussed. The Committee was told that the person was found guilty of causing physical injury to a colleague through a number of departmental inquiries and the matter is currently subjudice. The Committee directed the ministry and SNGPL to pursue the case in court and ensure that the person if not involved be given relief.
The meeting was held under the Chairmanship of Senator Mohsin Aziz here at the Parliament House on Friday and was attended among others by Senators Behramand Tangi, Sardar Shafiq Tareen, Shamim Afridi, Dr. Jahanzeb Jamaldini, Taj Muhammad Afridi, Saleem Zia, Salahuddin Tirmzi, Qurratulain Marri and officials from the ministry and relevant departments.
Source: Senate of Pakistan.