- Despite Brexit Uncertainty, Business Schools in UK Continue to See Strong International DemandPosted 11 hours ago
- Validated with Microsoft Skype for Business, Patton Delivers Cloud-Powered IntegrationPosted 16 hours ago
- وزيرة النقل بالولايات المتحدة، إلين تشاو، تعلن عن مجلس جديد لدعم تسويق “الهايبرلوب”.Posted 6 days ago
- U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao Announces New Council to Support Hyperloop CommercializationPosted 7 days ago
- پانی کی ری سائکلنگ اورمینجمنٹ کے لئے قانون سازی کا مطالبہPosted 1 week ago
- Call for Legislative Action for Water Recycling and ManagementPosted 1 week ago
- ترکی میں کرپٹوکرنسی کے ذریعے جائیداد خریدنا اب ممکن انطالیہ ہومز کے ساتھPosted 2 weeks ago
- YPO Names Elizabeth Zucker 2019-2020 ChairmanPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Graduate Management Admission Council Welcomes BI Norwegian Business School Into GMAC MembershipPosted 2 weeks ago
- FXCM Arabic Celebrates 20 Years of Trading With 31% off Gold Spreads for a Limited Time*Posted 3 weeks ago
Senate Standing Committee on Housing and Works
Senate Standing Committee on Housing and Works in its meeting was told that for the project of 10 lac housing units under Prime Minister's initiative for 5 million low cost Housing 91 Expressions of Interest have been received and government will ensure transparency at all stages of the project. The Committee was told that the investors will only be responsible for constructing the housing units and allotment will be done by NADRA.
The meeting was held under the Chairmanship of Senator Mir Kabeer Ahmed Muhammad Shahi and was attended among others by Senators Lt. Gen. (R) Salahuddin Tirmizi, Mirza Muhammad Afridi, Molana Abdul Ghafoor Haideri, Behramand Tangi, Anwar Lal Deen, Brig. (R) John Kenneth Williams, Sajjad Hussain Turi, Naseebullah Bazai, Minister for Housing and Works Tariq Bashir Cheema, and officials from the ministry. The Committee members were of the view that the government repeatedly boasted that the project will provide free housing but it appears now that this is not the case. Minister responded to these observations saying that the housing units are a low cost project and it has never been called a free housing project. It was told that the project will be initiated in Islamabad and Quetta soon and sites have been identified in both cities.
The Committee also took up the matter of tragic death of six members of a family residing at Qasr-e-Naz Karachi. The Committee was told that five officers have been arrested and the forensic report has also been prepared which will make things clear in a few days to come.
While discussing requests received by the committee from various government employees regarding evacuation orders in Gulshan-e-Jinnah, the Committee asked the minister to give due consideration to families who have been residing there legally. The minister said that the action being taken is in light of the High Court Order and no one living legally will be affected.
Source: Senate of Pakistan.