- Chengdu Panda Asian Food Festival Held in Chinese City ChengduPosted 2 hours ago
- ” فوجیان کے اطراف سیاحت، تمام نعمت ہے” سرگرمی کا تسلسل — لانگ یان، فوجیان کی پہلی ثقافت اور سیاحت انڈسٹری ڈویلپمنٹ کانفرنس گوشیان،شانگ ہانگ کاونٹی میں منعقدPosted 3 days ago
- دنیا بھر سے بورڈ اور کارڈ گیمز کے” سپربرینز” ہینگشوئی میں اکٹھے شریکPosted 3 days ago
- “Super brains” in board and card games from all over the world play together in HengshuiPosted 4 days ago
- “Tour around Fujian, Have all Blessings” Activity Series — The 1st Culture and Tourism Industry Development Conference of Longyan, Fujian takes place in Gutian, Shanghang CountyPosted 4 days ago
- چین کے سائنس اور ٹیکنالوجی کمیونٹی کے سربراہان بین الاقوامی تعاون کو بڑھانے اور زیادہ دوست بنانے کی امید کرتے ہیںPosted 7 days ago
- Heads of China’s Science and Technology Community Expect to Deepen International Cooperation and Make More FriendsPosted 1 week ago
- دچين دسائنس اؤ ټيکنالوجۍ دټولنې مشر دمرستې دژورتيا او نورو ملګرو دجوړولو توقعو کويPosted 1 week ago
- 125 واں کینٹن فیئر 195,000 خریداروں کا استقبال کرتا ہوا، 29.73 بلین ڈالر آمدن تک پہنچ کر اختتام پذیرPosted 1 week ago
Senate Special Committee to provide mechanism for implementation of recommendations of the Committees adopted by the House
Senate Special Committee to provide mechanism for implementation of recommendations of the Committees adopted by the House discussed formulation of Standard Operating Procedures with a view to ensure attendance of ministers and members of the committees. Senator Dilawar Khan, Chairman of the Committee in his opening remarks said that a strong parliament guarantees a strong democracy and it is our responsibility to make the committees of the parliament more robust to contribute towards the socioeconomic growth of the country.
He said that attendance of the proceedings of the Parliament and the committees by ministers and members enhances the prestige of institution and the parliamentarians themselves. Senator Dilawar Khan said that the special committee would make solid recommendations by taking all the stakeholders in confidence.
The Committee decided that the secretariat should work on a template of warrants of production, not punishment under CPC in case summons to appear before the Committee or direction to produce required documents is not entertained.
The meeting was held under the chairmanship of Senator Dilawar Khan here at the Parliament House on Monday and was attended among others by Senators Khanzada Khan, Muhammad Javed Abbasi, Muhammad Ayub, Walid Iqbal, Nighat Mirza, Haji Momin Khan Afridi, Sardar Muhammad Shafiq Tareen, Mirza Muhammad Afridi, Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Ali Muhammad Khan, Secretary Parliamentary Affairs and officials from the ministry.
The Committee held a detailed discussion on formulation of Terms of Reference of the Committee and considered orientation of chairpersons committee as well as members about the rules of business of the Committees, a mechanism for efficiently following up on the points of public importance raised and about timely laying the recommendations in the House.
In addition to this, the Committee took decisions on matter referred to it by the Council of Chairmen. It was decided that no more than one subcommittee can be constituted by a committee at the same time, the maximum time period for presentation of committees will stay to sixty days and the permission to hold meetings in the ministries was not granted.
Source: Senate of Pakistan.