- Despite Brexit Uncertainty, Business Schools in UK Continue to See Strong International DemandPosted 11 hours ago
- Validated with Microsoft Skype for Business, Patton Delivers Cloud-Powered IntegrationPosted 17 hours ago
- وزيرة النقل بالولايات المتحدة، إلين تشاو، تعلن عن مجلس جديد لدعم تسويق “الهايبرلوب”.Posted 6 days ago
- U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao Announces New Council to Support Hyperloop CommercializationPosted 7 days ago
- پانی کی ری سائکلنگ اورمینجمنٹ کے لئے قانون سازی کا مطالبہPosted 1 week ago
- Call for Legislative Action for Water Recycling and ManagementPosted 1 week ago
- ترکی میں کرپٹوکرنسی کے ذریعے جائیداد خریدنا اب ممکن انطالیہ ہومز کے ساتھPosted 2 weeks ago
- YPO Names Elizabeth Zucker 2019-2020 ChairmanPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Graduate Management Admission Council Welcomes BI Norwegian Business School Into GMAC MembershipPosted 2 weeks ago
- FXCM Arabic Celebrates 20 Years of Trading With 31% off Gold Spreads for a Limited Time*Posted 3 weeks ago
Senate Special Committee to provide mechanism for implementation of recommendations of the Committees adopted by the House
Senate Special Committee to provide mechanism for implementation of recommendations of the Committees adopted by the House discussed formulation of Standard Operating Procedures with a view to ensure attendance of ministers and members of the committees. Senator Dilawar Khan, Chairman of the Committee in his opening remarks said that a strong parliament guarantees a strong democracy and it is our responsibility to make the committees of the parliament more robust to contribute towards the socioeconomic growth of the country.
He said that attendance of the proceedings of the Parliament and the committees by ministers and members enhances the prestige of institution and the parliamentarians themselves. Senator Dilawar Khan said that the special committee would make solid recommendations by taking all the stakeholders in confidence.
The Committee decided that the secretariat should work on a template of warrants of production, not punishment under CPC in case summons to appear before the Committee or direction to produce required documents is not entertained.
The meeting was held under the chairmanship of Senator Dilawar Khan here at the Parliament House on Monday and was attended among others by Senators Khanzada Khan, Muhammad Javed Abbasi, Muhammad Ayub, Walid Iqbal, Nighat Mirza, Haji Momin Khan Afridi, Sardar Muhammad Shafiq Tareen, Mirza Muhammad Afridi, Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Ali Muhammad Khan, Secretary Parliamentary Affairs and officials from the ministry.
The Committee held a detailed discussion on formulation of Terms of Reference of the Committee and considered orientation of chairpersons committee as well as members about the rules of business of the Committees, a mechanism for efficiently following up on the points of public importance raised and about timely laying the recommendations in the House.
In addition to this, the Committee took decisions on matter referred to it by the Council of Chairmen. It was decided that no more than one subcommittee can be constituted by a committee at the same time, the maximum time period for presentation of committees will stay to sixty days and the permission to hold meetings in the ministries was not granted.
Source: Senate of Pakistan.