- China’s Major Winemaking Region Deams BigPosted 55 mins ago
- ٹائمز آف انڈیا کے آنے والے ویبنار میں اس پر بات کی جائے گی کہ کیسے آپ سیٹیزن شپ بائے انوسٹمنٹ ان ڈومینیکا کے ذریعے اپنے خاندان کے پائیدار مستقبل کے بارے میں منصوبہ بندی کرسکتے ہیں۔Posted 18 hours ago
- Times of India’s Upcoming Webinar Will Discusses How to Effectively Plan Your Family’s Future Through Citizenship by Investment in DominicaPosted 1 day ago
- Bombardier Announces Closing Date, Amended Terms for Sale of Aerostructures Business to Spirit AeroSystems Holding, Inc.Posted 2 days ago
- شركة Sphera تُطلق برنامجًا متطورًا مصممًا لتحويل أداء سلامة العمليات وإدارة المخاطر التشغيليةPosted 7 days ago
- Sphera Launches Cutting-Edge Software Designed to Transform Process Safety and Operational Risk Management PerformancePosted 7 days ago
- New Style of Remote Lesson, Experience-based Event “Pinch to Move! Three-dimensional Vision in Air” in ActionPosted 1 week ago
- [INVNT GROUP]™ And World Air League® Partner On World-First Cultural, Sports And Entertainment Event, World Sky Race®Posted 1 week ago
- یو لسم پین بیبو ګلف اقتصادی تعاون فورم او 2020 بیبو ګلف انټر نیشنل ګیټ وے پورټ تعاون سمټ 15 اکتوبر له په ګوانګسی نیننګ ښار کښي منعقد شو۔Posted 1 week ago
- Carnegie Endowment Announces The Malcolm H. Kerr Carnegie Middle East CenterPosted 1 week ago
Senate recommends establishment of shelter houses for senior citizens
Islamabad: The Senate Monday passed a unanimous resolution recommending the government to establish shelter houses for the senior citizens through necessary legislation and take special steps to create awareness among masses to respect their elders.
Earlier taking part in the discussion, mover of the resolution Dr. Karim Ahmad Khawaja said that a number of old people are living in the country without shelters and families.
He said under the Constitution of the country it is the responsibility of the government to defend the rights of its citizens.
He said our religion also supports the concept of social welfare state therefore, shelter houses must be set up for the senior citizens.
Saeed Ghani said the programme should be started from the big cities of the country and later to be shifted at the districts’ level. He said according to reports a number of senior citizens are homeless and living on roads.
Saeeda Iqbal said the government should set up shelter houses because it is the need of the hour. She said the government must also improve the condition of women shelter houses already existing in different parts of the country.
Farhatullah Babar said under Benazir Income Support Programme financial assistance is being provided to the poor masses through different programmes.
He said in the same way a unit of BISP must be set up to address the issue of shelter houses for the senior citizens.
Ishaq Dar said that an independent foundation should be made and government and philanthropists can contribute in it to set up shelter houses for the deserving senior citizens.
Among others who spoke on the occasion include Kamil Ali Agha, Surriya Amiruddin, M. Hamza, Babar Ghauri, Najma Hameed, Kazim Khan, Raja Zafarul Haq, Khalida Parveen, Ilyas Bilour, Raza Rabbani, Hasil Bizenjo, Kalsoom Parveen, Haji Muhammad Adeel and Muddassir Sehar Kamran.