- JinkoSolar Supplied 17.5MW High-efficiency Modules to Fauji Solar Power Plant in PakistanPosted 6 hours ago
- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 22 hours ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 1 day ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 1 day ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 1 day ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 1 day ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 1 day ago
- پھولو ایک پاکسنانی کسان جس کے لاکھوں پرستار ہے نے ابھی سنیک ویڈیو جائن کیاPosted 1 day ago
- Phoollu, Pakistani farmer with millions of fans, just joined SnackVideoPosted 1 day ago
- PMTA VERIFIED RELEASES UNVERIFIED BRANDS LISTPosted 2 days ago
Rs100mn project for enhancing capacity of Dhabeji pumping station
Karachi: Project to increase the efficiency of Asia’s largest pumping station situated at Dhabeji that supplies 550 million gallon daily water supply to Karachi would be inaugurated in the current month.
Governor of Sindh Dr. Ishrat ul Ibad would inaugurate the project with more than Rs100mn budget, said Managing Director Karachi Water & Sewerage Board Misbahuddin Farid during his visit to Dhabeji, Pipri and Gharo to observe the performance. Chief Engineer E&M Zaheer Abbass and other senior water board officers were also present on the occasion.
Zaheer Abbass briefed M.D KW&SB that Dhabeji Pumping station was established during 1950 to supply water to the citizens of Karachi. With the increase in demand, the pumps and motors have increased over the years and right now 550 million gallon water is pumped through 6 phases of the pumping station. Most of the pumps have completed their technical life, which is why KW&SB is spending a huge amount on the maintenance of these out dated pumps also causing disruption in the supply.
M.D KW&SB stated that the Government of Pakistan has allocated one hundred million budget for installation of 5 new pumps. Whereas, KW&SB and USAID are already negotiating terms for the maintaining the old pumps.
He said that we are thankful to President Asif Ali Zardari, Governor Sindh Ishrat ul Ebad, Chief Minister Sindh Syed Qaim Ali Shah, Minister Local Bodies Agha Siraj Durrani and Haq Parast Members of Sindh Assembly on the allocation of this budget.
He directed the Mechanical and Electrical Engineers to maintain and inspect the motors on daily basis and resolve any issues that rise with time since the pumps and motors are the back bone of Water Supply System.
He said that workers of KW&SB has always served the city even in the worst conditions and being the Head of the Institution I am must appreciate their efforts. He said that he is hopeful that the engineers of KW&SB would definitely resolve the issues of the water supply in the city and improvement would be seen in the coming summers.