- JETEX EXPANDS ITS PRESENCE IN DUBAIPosted 11 hours ago
- InvestorBrandNetwork (IBN) Recaps 2020 Milestones, Outlines 2021 InitiativesPosted 3 days ago
- JinkoSolar Supplied 17.5MW High-efficiency Modules to Fauji Solar Power Plant in PakistanPosted 3 days ago
- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 4 days ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 4 days ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 4 days ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 5 days ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 5 days ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 5 days ago
- پھولو ایک پاکسنانی کسان جس کے لاکھوں پرستار ہے نے ابھی سنیک ویڈیو جائن کیاPosted 5 days ago
Retired employees of PIA demand rise in pension
Karachi: President Pakistan International Airlines’ Retired Employees Association (PIAREA) Tahir Hassan while reminding Chairman PIA Lt. General (retd) Asif Yasin Malik of his promise demanded the due raise in the pension for the retired employees of the national airlines.
He said the pension of the retired employees of the national airline is very low as compare to the pensions of the employees of other government departments, therefore this discrimination should be ended and a due raise in the pensions be made.
‘This policy of denying the lawful rights of the retired employees of PIA should be changed, and they should be given their legal rights while making their pensions respectable from current 32 percent to 50 percent, as per government rules,’ he added.
Also, he adds, the pension should be increased every year in line with the salary increase of the regular employees according to the Admin Order 21/2003 of the airlines that stated that the ex-staff pension will be raised along with the salaries of its in-service staff.
Currently, the national airline gives its employees 32 percent of their total salary as pension but the formula it applies in the end makes the pension calculated on their basic pay scales. So the airline should either give them 50 percent pension on the basic pay scale or make the 32 percent pension to be given on their total salary.
‘According to the rules, the PIA Pension Trust Fund should have Rs 25 billion to Rs 35 billion earmarked for the retired employees of the national airline. So any increase in the pensions will not affect the PIA’s budget,’ he reasoned.
The president of the association said that in the midst of current inflationary period the retired employees of the airline are facing hardships, therefore, it is the need of the time to give them their due raise in their pensions.
In the end, president PIAREA said that Chairman PIA should also consider the valuable services of the retired employees and must give them their due right in terms of pension. He also offered the services of the retired employees in the best interest of the national airline.