- چین کا ہینان فری ٹریڈ پورٹ21واں جشن منعقد کررہاہےPosted 43 mins ago
- چین-آسیان ٹیکنالوجی ٹرانسفر اور جدت طرازی تعاون پر آٹھویں فورم کا ناننگ میں آغاز ہوگیاPosted 55 mins ago
- ہینان فری تجارتی بندرگاہ پر پہلا انٹرنیشنل ٹورزم ایکیوپمنٹ ایکسپو کا انعقادPosted 1 hour ago
- The 8th Forum on China-ASEAN Technology Transfer and Collaborative Innovation Unveiled in NanningPosted 8 hours ago
- The First Hainan International Tourism Equipment Expo Held at the Hainan Free Trade PortPosted 23 hours ago
- China’s Hainan Free Trade Port Holds the 21st CarnivalPosted 23 hours ago
- The MILLA Group Selects the Leddar Pixell From LeddarTech for the MILLA POD Autonomous ShuttlePosted 2 days ago
- 10kW+ Laser Cutting Machine Made a Sales Record of 260 Sets, Bodor Laser Constantly Surprises the MarketPosted 3 days ago
- ننشا میں منعقدہ آئی ایف ایف میں سسٹین ایبل اکنامک ڈیویلپمنٹ ایک گرما گرم موضوع بنا ہوا ہےPosted 4 days ago
- SNOMED CT supports New Zealand’s Canterbury District Health Board realize vision of a data driven, connected and integrated health systemPosted 4 days ago
Qatar Rail Selects Aconex as EDMS for Major Transportation Program
Aconex Supports Multiparty Collaboration for Project Information Management
DOHA, QATAR–(Marketwired – May 8, 2013) – Aconex, provider of the world’s most widely used project collaboration solutions for the infrastructure, construction, power, mining, and oil and gas industries, has been selected by Qatar Railways Company (Qatar Rail) to host a collaborative electronic document management system (EDMS) for the Qatar Rail Program — one of the largest infrastructure developments in the Middle East.
The Qatar Rail Program will create an integrated transportation network consisting of a metro system across Doha, a long-distance passenger and freight system, and a light rail transit system in the Lusail area of Qatar. Construction of the light rail transit system has already begun.
As an essential part of Qatar’s urban infrastructure, the integrated railway system is expected to be recognized as one of the safest and most environmentally friendly transportation networks in the world. One of its key goals is to meet the dynamic transportation demands of Qatar’s growing population.
Full Functionality beyond EDMS
Faced with a challenging schedule and firm deadlines, Qatar Rail selected an EDMS that offered fast implementation and high reliability. Document management is one of many functions provided by the Aconex Online Collaboration Platform, which also supports process control and structured communications for project information management in a multiparty environment.
The Aconex Online Collaboration Platform was configured in consultation with the program team to function as the standard channel for communications across the Qatar Rail Program, with an automated workflow engine to track review and approval processes for all information. The platform provides a single source of current status for all participants and an audit trail of all program decisions and actions.
“After nine years of operations in the Middle East, we continue to see strong uptake of our platform for capital projects in Qatar and across the region,” said Hervé Hamelin, general manager of Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) at Aconex. “Having established our office in Doha, we currently provide local support for over 160 projects in one of the world’s fastest growing construction markets, and we expect many more projects to come.”
Aconex provides the world’s most widely used SaaS platform for managing information, processes and people throughout the life cycle of construction and engineering projects across multiple industries. The Aconex suite of solutions — secure, neutral and centralized — enables owners, contractors and project managers to reduce the cost and risk inherent in capital projects of all sizes and improve efficiency, productivity and accountability for all project participants. Aconex has served projects valued at more than US$700 billion, with over 300,000 users. Clients include nine of the world’s top ten engineering, procurement and construction (EPC/EPCM) firms, 23 of the 25 largest global design firms, and nearly all Fortune 500 construction and engineering firms. For more information and examples of Aconex in action, see www.aconex.com. Follow Aconex on Twitter at @aconex and on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/