- Bombardier and Alstom Confirm Receipt of All Necessary Regulatory Approvals to Complete Bombardier Transportation Sale to AlstomPosted 12 hours ago
- U.S. Institute of Peace Opens Nominations for 2021 Women Building Peace AwardPosted 12 hours ago
- دو صنعتی شہروں کے مابین ایک مکالمہ: فریڈررک اینگلس کی پیدائش کی دو سوسالہ یاد منانے کے موقع پر چین کے ڈونگوان میں وُوپرٹال تصویری نمائش کا آغازPosted 19 hours ago
- HIV Prevention Trials Network Awarded U.S. National Institutes of Health Funding to Continue Research AgendaPosted 24 hours ago
- Aafaq Auto Fest surprises visitors with a helicopter and a giant boatPosted 1 day ago
- A dialogue between two industrial cities: Wuppertal Photo Exhibition launched in China’s Dongguan to commemorate the bicentenary of the birth of Friedrich EnglesPosted 2 days ago
- Bombardier Appoints Bart Demosky Executive Vice President and Chief Financial OfficerPosted 2 days ago
- چین کا ہینان فری ٹریڈ پورٹ21واں جشن منعقد کررہاہےPosted 5 days ago
- چین-آسیان ٹیکنالوجی ٹرانسفر اور جدت طرازی تعاون پر آٹھویں فورم کا ناننگ میں آغاز ہوگیاPosted 5 days ago
- ہینان فری تجارتی بندرگاہ پر پہلا انٹرنیشنل ٹورزم ایکیوپمنٹ ایکسپو کا انعقادPosted 5 days ago
Qaim inaugurates Turkish govt housing scheme for flood affectees
Karachi: The physical possession of a housing scheme scattered on 300 acres of land and comprised on 2120 houses, constructed by Turkish Government at District Thatta to accommodate flood affectees, was handed over to the management of PDMA in a simple but impressive ceremony presided over by Chief Minister Sindh Syed Qaim Ali Shah
at Chief Minister House Sunday.
Sindh Minister for Local Government and Health Syed Owais Muzaffar, Consul General Turki Murat M. Onart, Chief Secretary Muhammad Aijaz Choudhry, D.G PDMA Syed Muhammad Suleman Shah and others were present.
On the occasion Syed Qaim Ali Shah said that Turkey is a close friend of Pakistan, always helping Pakistan and its people in difficult times. He said that Pakistan, especially Sindh province, has suffered natural disasters like the flash flood in 20102011, which affected 9 million people only in Sindh.
He said that at that time the Prime Minister of Turkey visited the flood affected areas of Sindh and announced this housing scheme to provide shelter to the displaced people. He said we are thankful for this generous gesture of Turkish Government. He said that allotment of these houses would be transparent.
The Consul General, Murat M. Onart, said that Turkey has been enjoying old & friendly relations with Pakistan since decades. He said that the Turkish Government would continue helping Pakistan brethren. He said that more than 10,000 people can be accommodated in this housing scheme.
He said that the scheme is comprised on 2120 housing units with 3 mosques, a high school, community hall, business centre, sport complex and playground.