- Taconic Biosciences Expands Immuno-oncology Animal Model PortfolioPosted 18 hours ago
- ینگ شینگ اناج اور تیل کی مہم ٹائمز اسکوائر، نیو یارک، یو ایس اے میں نشرPosted 5 days ago
- Yingshang Grains and Oils Campaign Appears at Times Square, New York, USAPosted 5 days ago
- Open Society Foundations Announce 2020 Puerto Rico Youth FellowsPosted 5 days ago
- Sabin Vaccine Institute Funds Researchers to Investigate COVID-19 Misinformation, Design Solutions to Increase Vaccine AcceptancePosted 6 days ago
- ٹی سی ایل کی جانب سے سی ای ایس 2021 کے موقع پر مختلف کیٹیگریز میں نئی مصنوعات کی رونمائی- ٹی وی ،آڈیو،موبائل اور جدید گھریلو مصنوعاتPosted 6 days ago
- At CES 2021 TCL Unveils Newest Products in Multi-Categories – TV, Audio, Mobile and Smart Home AppliancesPosted 6 days ago
- سنیک ویڈو نے افتتاحی مواد کے ساتھ پاکستان میں اپنی پہلی تخلیق کار یعنی افتیتاحی کنٹینٹ اکیڈمی کی شروعات کردی ہیںPosted 6 days ago
- SnackVideo Kickstarts Its First Creator Academy in Pakistan with Inaugural Content CreatorsPosted 6 days ago
- سی آر آر سی نے آسٹریلیا میں چینی ثقافتی لائبریریاں قائم کردیںPosted 7 days ago
Qadri not a threat to any party; he should first register party: Kaira
ISLAMABAD: Minister for Information and Broadcasting Qamar Zaman Kaira said on Thursday that Tehrik-e-Minhajul Quran chief Dr Tahir-ul-Qadri posed no threat to any political party rather he should get his party registered first, if he desired to contest the election.“No political party feels threat from Dr Qadri as he is talking of the Constitution. But he should explain if he would contest the election. If yes, then he should register his party,” Kaira said briefing the media about the federal cabinet meeting held here Thursday. He said Qadri should explain his reform agenda to the media if he was hesitant to discuss the same with the government, or opposition.
He said Tehrir Square like uprisings in Egypt were no solution to the issues as the Pakistan People Party has faced even more serious circumstances while fighting against the regimes of Ayub Khan, Zia- ul-Haq and Pervez Musharraf.
“Now a working democracy exists in the country, listening to the people’s issues,” Kaira said.
Reiterating he said that the PPP formed consensual democracy through political reconciliation despite occasional differences with the coalition partners and lack of required numbers in the Parliament.
He said though an independent judiciary and Election Commission were functioning, the power of decision-making rested with the people.
To a question, the information minister said the vague slogans had always damaged the democracy and added that Qadri should have reached the country some six months ago when the electoral reforms were being introduced.
“Even now, the Election Commission was ready to listen to his proposals, to forward these to the Parliament for legislation, only the Parliament, not the EC has mandate to make laws,” he said.
Responding to another question, he said it would be unfair to drag the military into politics as the institution has already clarified its position.
He said the Constitution provided road-map for the caretaker set up, but the military and the judiciary had nothing to do with this process.
He said the federal government would ensure protection of lives and properties of the participants of long march; however the respective provincial governments should also ensure the same as their planned route mainly fell in Punjab province.
Kaira told media that the government never avoided dialogue with the militants as it had already held talks with Sufi Muhammad that also proved productive for the country.
To a question, Kaira said when the political parties form coalition, they never merge rather the difference of opinion appears occasionally even in the cabinet.
He said it is yet to be decided whether the elections of national and provincial assemblies will be held separately or simultaneously as the former method would involve huge financial implication; however the issue had already been discussed at the Election Commission.
When asked about the date of elections, Kaira said it would take place before May 16 as the date would mark the completion of caretaker set up.