- Bombardier Announces Closing Date, Amended Terms for Sale of Aerostructures Business to Spirit AeroSystems Holding, Inc.Posted 12 hours ago
- شركة Sphera تُطلق برنامجًا متطورًا مصممًا لتحويل أداء سلامة العمليات وإدارة المخاطر التشغيليةPosted 5 days ago
- Sphera Launches Cutting-Edge Software Designed to Transform Process Safety and Operational Risk Management PerformancePosted 5 days ago
- New Style of Remote Lesson, Experience-based Event “Pinch to Move! Three-dimensional Vision in Air” in ActionPosted 6 days ago
- [INVNT GROUP]™ And World Air League® Partner On World-First Cultural, Sports And Entertainment Event, World Sky Race®Posted 1 week ago
- یو لسم پین بیبو ګلف اقتصادی تعاون فورم او 2020 بیبو ګلف انټر نیشنل ګیټ وے پورټ تعاون سمټ 15 اکتوبر له په ګوانګسی نیننګ ښار کښي منعقد شو۔Posted 1 week ago
- Carnegie Endowment Announces The Malcolm H. Kerr Carnegie Middle East CenterPosted 1 week ago
- مؤسسة كارنيغي للسلام الدولي تُعلن عن “مركز مالكوم كير- كارنيغي للشرق الأوسط”Posted 1 week ago
- گیارہواں پین بیبو گلف اکانومک کوپریشن فورم اور 2020 بیبوگلف انٹر نیشنل گیٹ وے پورٹ کوپریشن سمٹ 15 اکتوبر کو گوانگزے کے شہر نیننگ میں منعقد ہواPosted 1 week ago
- The 11th Pan-Beibu Gulf Economic Cooperation Forum & 2020 Beibu Gulf International Gateway Port Cooperation Summit was held on October 15 in Guangxi’s Nanning CityPosted 1 week ago
Provinces INTERPROVINCIAL COORDINATION COMMITTEE MEETS
Islamabad: The meeting of Inter Provincial Coordination Committee was held here Monday with Federal Minister for Inter Provincial Coordination, Mir Hazar Khan Bijarani in the chair and discussed several issues pertaining to the Federation and Provinces.
Restoration of Executive judiciary topped the agenda of the meeting. Speaking on the restoration of executive judiciary, the Chief Secretary Punjab, Nasir Mehmood Khosa said, “The draft bill on restoration of executive judiciary should be expedited and that it is indispensible for effective price control”.
The other three Provinces agreed on the proposed draft and held that Section 143 of CrPC should be amended with the consent of the Provinces. The Interior Ministry has forwarded the bill to Law & Justice Division for vetting. The ministry of Inter Provincial Coordination accorded full support to the proposal.
The meeting also discussed the implementation of Industrial Regulation Ordinance, 2011. Secretary Labour, Punjab presented the case and said that after the 18th Constitutional Amendment, the subject rested with the provinces and that the Federation could no longer legislate on the aforementioned subject.
He further said that the Federal Government could legislate only for international treaties and agreements. The Chairman of the Committee, Federal Minister Mir Hazar Khan Bijarani decided to refer the issue to the Council of Common Interest CCI.
Supply of Opium, seized by Law Enforcing Agencies LEA to the Government’s Alkaloid Opium Factory, Lahore was also discussed. The Chief Secretary Punjab said that the new Customs Regulation banned the supply of opium and it provided for burning of the seized Opium.
He said that the FBR should have amended such regulation and that some amount of Opium should have been supplied to the Government of Punjab so that it could keep manufacturing the medicine for drug addicts. The representative of the FBR agreed to such amendment.
The meeting also dilated on the issue of regularization of the employees of the devolved ministries. The Chief Secretary Khyber Pakhtunkhwa said that the Establishment Department of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa was facing problems regarding absorption of employees from Federal Government to all the four Provinces.
They have been sent to the provinces without budget and therefore deputation allowance cannot be entitled to them. It was proposed that legislation is needed for the effective resolution of this issue.
The Chief Secretary Punjab also drew the attention of the participants to the bulk of contract employees of Population Welfare Department of Punjab.
Mian Iftikhar, Minister for Information and Public Relation, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa proposed change in the constitution of the Inter Provincial Coordination Committee.
He proposed that since the Chief Ministers of all the four provinces were usually unable to attend the meetings of the IPCC due to their other important engagements therefore Provincial Ministers for Inter Provincial Coordination should be made members of the Committee. Finance Minister, Abdul Hafeez Sheikh was also present in the meeting.