- Despite Brexit Uncertainty, Business Schools in UK Continue to See Strong International DemandPosted 1 day ago
- Validated with Microsoft Skype for Business, Patton Delivers Cloud-Powered IntegrationPosted 2 days ago
- وزيرة النقل بالولايات المتحدة، إلين تشاو، تعلن عن مجلس جديد لدعم تسويق “الهايبرلوب”.Posted 7 days ago
- U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao Announces New Council to Support Hyperloop CommercializationPosted 1 week ago
- پانی کی ری سائکلنگ اورمینجمنٹ کے لئے قانون سازی کا مطالبہPosted 1 week ago
- Call for Legislative Action for Water Recycling and ManagementPosted 1 week ago
- ترکی میں کرپٹوکرنسی کے ذریعے جائیداد خریدنا اب ممکن انطالیہ ہومز کے ساتھPosted 2 weeks ago
- YPO Names Elizabeth Zucker 2019-2020 ChairmanPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Graduate Management Admission Council Welcomes BI Norwegian Business School Into GMAC MembershipPosted 2 weeks ago
- FXCM Arabic Celebrates 20 Years of Trading With 31% off Gold Spreads for a Limited Time*Posted 3 weeks ago
Profession of lawyer is a sacred and highly esteemed profession, CM
Peshawar: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Caretaker Chief Minister Justice (R) Tariq Pervez Khan has said that the profession of lawyer is a sacred and highly esteemed profession; and the role of lawyers in the dispensation of easy and speedy justice is of great importance, adding that lawyers have accomplished the talk, which no one else could do in the country.
He expressed these views while talking to a representative delegation of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Bar Council who called on him at his office, which was led by Advocate General and Chairman of the Bar Council Mr. Khalid Khan.
The delegation discussed with him issues related to the welfare of lawyer community, the bar council and matters of mutual interest. Secretary Law and Parliamentary Affairs, Mohammad Arifain and representative of Finance and C&W departments were also present on the occasion.
Regarding the construction of Bar Council Building the Chief Minister directed the concerned authorities to implement the development scheme of the previous government in this regard and complete the under construction buildings of the bar council on priority basis.
On the demand of the delegation to reserve quota for the lawyers community in the proposed Jalozai Housing scheme, the Chief Minister issued instruction to the quarter concerned to allocate quota for the lawyers in the said housing scheme as allotted in other government housing schemes.
On the issue of endowment fund and grant-in-aid for the bar council, the CM said that bar council was a legal body of lawyers which came into existence under an act, and directed the authorities of finance department to prepare a case to this effect. Keeping in view the provisions land down in the relevant act.
He also directed the quarters concerned to work and deliberate on introducing legal services in the province. Regarding the directives of the previous Chief Minister to provide free medical treatment facility to the lawyers, the Chief Minister asked the relevant quarters to look into the case and report accordingly.
On the demand of the delegation to include the lawyers in the package of the provincial government announced for the government officials being killed in bomb blasts, the CM said that any decision to this effect would be made after going through the relevant rules.
Mr. Pervez Akhtar of District Bar Council (DBC) Peshawar, Shaukat Ali of DBC Nowshera, Iqbal Khan of DBC Mardan, Mian Faheem DBC of Swabi, Badiuzzaman of DBC Buner, Saeed Khan of DBC Shangla, Naeem of DBC Swat and Nawaz Khan Advocate and other were included in the delegation.