- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 11 hours ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 15 hours ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 17 hours ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 22 hours ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 23 hours ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 23 hours ago
- پھولو ایک پاکسنانی کسان جس کے لاکھوں پرستار ہے نے ابھی سنیک ویڈیو جائن کیاPosted 24 hours ago
- Phoollu, Pakistani farmer with millions of fans, just joined SnackVideoPosted 24 hours ago
- PMTA VERIFIED RELEASES UNVERIFIED BRANDS LISTPosted 1 day ago
- Jemincare initiates phase I clinical trial of anti-SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibody JMB2002Posted 1 day ago
Prime Minister for regularization of Lady Health Workers
ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf here on Thursday announced that all Lady Health Workers will be given permanent status and their services will be regularized. The Prime Minister was talking to a delegation of Lady Health Workers (LHWs) led by BushraArain which called on him at Prime Minister House. While talking to the delegation, the Prime Minister said that the Lady Health Workers are rendering very noble service and “we have great respect for them”. The Prime Minister recalled that the Lady Health Workers program was initiated by Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto despite severe criticism at the time of its initiation. PakistanPeoples Party, the Prime Minister said, believes in women’s rights and their empowerment.
The Prime Minister said that the present problems being faced by Lady Health Workers have arisen due to devolution of subjects to the provinces.
The Prime Minister directed Minister for Religious Affairs, Syed Khursheed Shah, to convene a meeting with representatives of all provinces to resolve all outstanding issues pertaining to Lady Health Workers.
The Prime Minister said that provincial governments were reluctant to absorb the Lady Health Workers as they would have to incur the additional financial burden.
The Federal Government has, therefore, decided that it will meet the entire financial cost of salaries of 104000 Lady Health Workers till 2015.
The meeting was attended by Syed Khursheed Ahmad Shah, Minister for Religious Affairs and other senior officials of the government.