- Taconic Biosciences Expands Immuno-oncology Animal Model PortfolioPosted 15 hours ago
- ینگ شینگ اناج اور تیل کی مہم ٹائمز اسکوائر، نیو یارک، یو ایس اے میں نشرPosted 5 days ago
- Yingshang Grains and Oils Campaign Appears at Times Square, New York, USAPosted 5 days ago
- Open Society Foundations Announce 2020 Puerto Rico Youth FellowsPosted 5 days ago
- Sabin Vaccine Institute Funds Researchers to Investigate COVID-19 Misinformation, Design Solutions to Increase Vaccine AcceptancePosted 6 days ago
- ٹی سی ایل کی جانب سے سی ای ایس 2021 کے موقع پر مختلف کیٹیگریز میں نئی مصنوعات کی رونمائی- ٹی وی ،آڈیو،موبائل اور جدید گھریلو مصنوعاتPosted 6 days ago
- At CES 2021 TCL Unveils Newest Products in Multi-Categories – TV, Audio, Mobile and Smart Home AppliancesPosted 6 days ago
- سنیک ویڈو نے افتتاحی مواد کے ساتھ پاکستان میں اپنی پہلی تخلیق کار یعنی افتیتاحی کنٹینٹ اکیڈمی کی شروعات کردی ہیںPosted 6 days ago
- SnackVideo Kickstarts Its First Creator Academy in Pakistan with Inaugural Content CreatorsPosted 6 days ago
- سی آر آر سی نے آسٹریلیا میں چینی ثقافتی لائبریریاں قائم کردیںPosted 7 days ago
Positive changes expected in coming polls: JI
Karachi: The voters of Karachi would be soon freed from gun-toting political parties, as the verdict of the Supreme Court of Pakistan on the voter lists would bring positive changes in the political scenario of the mega city, said leaders of Jamaat-e-Islami (JI), addressing a moot here.
JI Karachi naib amir Hafiz Naeemur Rehman said the city of Quaid-e-Azam would soon get freedom from criminals and killers. He said political awareness is spreading in the city and how it would be not possible for the criminal gangs to hijack the ballot with the force of bullet.
JI District East amir Osama Razi said the message of his party is of peace and brotherhood. He said they wanted to put the country on path of progress and prosperity. He said to vote of Karachiites to his party would be harbinger of revolution.
Sports: Bridge: Karachi Gymkhana-Zain lifts Gold cup
Karachi: Old is gold, it may be true in any other sphere of life, but in Bridge it has proved its truth. Osman and Zakaria used to be a prominent bridge partnership practicing the most sophisticated bridge system, Precision in those days, retired long ago and they didn’t took part in competitive bridge for years, almost 35 years. They paired again for the 36th edition of Karachi Gymkhana Gold Cup and hit the bulls’ eye.
Fifteen teams took part in the Gold Cup contest. Tehsin, Giants, Gulzar, Data Steel, Allana were in the reckoning, with outside chance to Stalwarts, Tanvir, any other team were considered a fluke. However, the performance of Karachi Gymkhana (Zain) sprang a big surprise exposing their potential and grasp over orthodox bidding, but smartly manoeuvred difficult and tricky contracts.
The combinations of Usman-Zakaria, Masud Zain-Shahid Abedi, Qawar Hussain-Javed Hussain have displayed their sound approach, when they defeated their colleagues, Karachi Gymkhana (Jalal) in the opener. They won other four matches from Allana 17-13, Mazhar 16-14, Stalwarts 18-12 and went all out in the last match against Tanvir 25-5.
Karachi Gym (Zain) lost only one match against Foxy 13-17 in the second round. Winning team scored 112 Victory Points.
Gulzar, having very prominent national players like Ziaullah Baig, Hamed Mohiuddin, Hussain Jaffer, Gulzar Bilal, Shahab Sariki and Anisur Rehman could score 107 Victory Points to contend for the second berth. On their way to the top, they defeated Data Steel 18-12, K.G. Jalal 25-5, Tehsin 21-9, drew on level terms with GFQ and lost two matches, first to Tanvir 14-16 and fifth round match to Allana 14-16.
Tehsin scored 106 V.P. for the third prize. Tehsin’s team comprising Tehsin Gheewala, Mubashir Puri, Hasan Askari and Khaled Mohiuddin played draw with Abbasi in the opener, then outpaced Mazhar 20-10,Foxy 21-9, Tanvir 25-5 and Data Steel 16-14, losing to Gulzar in the fourth round match 9-21 V.P.
Following are the top six positions:
Karachi Gymkhana (Zain) 112, Gulzar 107, Tehsin 106, GFQ 105, Allana & Data Steel 012 each.