- چین کا ہینان فری ٹریڈ پورٹ21واں جشن منعقد کررہاہےPosted 6 hours ago
- چین-آسیان ٹیکنالوجی ٹرانسفر اور جدت طرازی تعاون پر آٹھویں فورم کا ناننگ میں آغاز ہوگیاPosted 6 hours ago
- ہینان فری تجارتی بندرگاہ پر پہلا انٹرنیشنل ٹورزم ایکیوپمنٹ ایکسپو کا انعقادPosted 7 hours ago
- The 8th Forum on China-ASEAN Technology Transfer and Collaborative Innovation Unveiled in NanningPosted 14 hours ago
- The First Hainan International Tourism Equipment Expo Held at the Hainan Free Trade PortPosted 1 day ago
- China’s Hainan Free Trade Port Holds the 21st CarnivalPosted 1 day ago
- The MILLA Group Selects the Leddar Pixell From LeddarTech for the MILLA POD Autonomous ShuttlePosted 3 days ago
- 10kW+ Laser Cutting Machine Made a Sales Record of 260 Sets, Bodor Laser Constantly Surprises the MarketPosted 4 days ago
- ننشا میں منعقدہ آئی ایف ایف میں سسٹین ایبل اکنامک ڈیویلپمنٹ ایک گرما گرم موضوع بنا ہوا ہےPosted 4 days ago
- SNOMED CT supports New Zealand’s Canterbury District Health Board realize vision of a data driven, connected and integrated health systemPosted 4 days ago
Polls President signs into law, the Electoral Laws Amendment Ordinance, 2013
Islamabad: President Asif Ali Zardari Thursday on the advice of the Prime Minister has approved and signed the ‘Electoral Laws Amendment Ordinance, 2013 to facilitate the overseas Pakistanis to cast their vote from abroad.
Giving details of the ordinance, Spokesperson to the President Senator Farhatullah Babar said that ordinance provides that the Election Commission of Pakistan at least 14 days before the day fixed for poll abroad, shall establish polling stations with as many polling booths as may be necessary in the premises of an Embassy, a Mission or a Consulate provided that the Ministry of Foreign affairs have obtained consent of the host countries for establishment of the polling stations.
The ordinance further says that an overseas Pakistani not later than ten days before the day fixed for poll abroad, register himself as an elector in the embassy, mission or consulate where he intends to cast his vote.
To ensure the conduct of free, fair and transparent poll, the Election Commission shall appoint as many independent monitors as necessary at a polling station abroad, the ordinance says.
The Spokesperson said that the Ordinance shall come into force at once but shall take effect on the date or dates to be notified by the Election Commission in the official gazette.