- 10kW+ Laser Cutting Machine Made a Sales Record of 260 Sets, Bodor Laser Constantly Surprises the MarketPosted 6 hours ago
- ننشا میں منعقدہ آئی ایف ایف میں سسٹین ایبل اکنامک ڈیویلپمنٹ ایک گرما گرم موضوع بنا ہوا ہےPosted 20 hours ago
- SNOMED CT supports New Zealand’s Canterbury District Health Board realize vision of a data driven, connected and integrated health systemPosted 23 hours ago
- HIMSS & Health 2.0 Launch Middle East Digital Health Conference and Exhibition 29 Nov.-2 Dec., 2020Posted 1 day ago
- Sustained Economic Development Remains a Heated Topic at the IFF Held in NanshaPosted 1 day ago
- دنیا کے ساتھ قدم سے قدم ملا کر ،مستقبل سے بات کرتے ہوئے: گوانگژو کا نانشا سائی ٹیک اختراعات کے نئے اُفق دریافت کررہاہے۔Posted 4 days ago
- OKEx to resume withdrawals after the temporary suspensionPosted 4 days ago
- PRA Health Sciences appoints senior FDA official to lead new Global Center of Excellence for Decentralized Clinical Trial StrategyPosted 4 days ago
- Together with the world, talk to the future: Nansha of Guangzhou explores new horizons of sci-tech innovationPosted 5 days ago
- Lithium Werks Power Cell Manufacturing Continues to GrowPosted 5 days ago
Polling to be held under supervision of Pak Army in NA46 Khyber Agency
Peshawar: After postponement of elections on NA46 Khyber Agency, a group of candidates from this constituency, who running elections on platform of various political parties or independently, demanded to hold the electoral process under supervision of Pak Army, and deployment of polling staff out of the constituency.
Speaking at a press conference here at press club on Monday, Munsif Khan, an independent candidate from NA46 complained that the arrangements was remained unsatisfactory during the polling process in this constituency, because of inadequate facilities at most of polling stations designated for both male and female voters. He said polling was also started behind its scheduled timing around 10:15 am in this constituency.
During the press conference, the candidates, who contesting elections from NA46, including Sohail Khan from PMLN, Shamsuddin of JUIF, Shah Faisal Afridi from JI, Ajab Khan of Qaumi Watan Party, along with independent aspirants Malik Waris Afridi, Saeedullah Hassan, Haji Khan Afridi, Saeed Karam Shah, Imran Afridi, Awwal Gul Afridi, Ayub Afridi, Captain Afridi, Qadeer Khan Afridi, and Nasir Khan Afridi were present.
Munsif Khan further complained about 85 per cent people were not registered in official electoral rolls of this constituency, while candidates, Shah Faisal Afridi, Shamsuddin, and Sohail Khan faced irritants to find their registration in the voter lists.
Similarly, he said the electoral rolls had totally matchless to those voter lists which were given to candidates. The political agent, he said had also not received actual electoral rolls of this constituency.
He attributed the mismanagement and poor arrangements had mired elections in the NA46 constituency. He said the polling was suspended due to firing incident at Shakas polling station in Khyber Agency. He said that free, fair and transparent elections could not possible under present system of rigging allegedly involvement of by existing polling staffs.
Munsif said the voters had faced numerous hardships for casting their ballots on the elections day as polling stations mostly setup outside the constituency, while the enthusiastic voters disappointed for not registering them in the official electoral rolls. He alleged that some workers of political parties had also sealed off the ballot boxes before dispatching to presiding office.
He figured out that only 500 votes polled in Jalozai polling station out of total registered voters of 19,000 due to mismanagement and poor arrangements. Similarly, he informed that around 187 votes were polled in Tirah polling
Station of the total 13,751 under the present situation. “We didn’t accept such results, which was elected member of national assembly by gaining only 4,000 votes out of total 1.6million registered voters in this constituency, he rejected. “This is not called free, fair and transparent elections, so the election commission, should take notice of all these things before conducting again elections on this constituency”, demanded.
“We will not accept election under a specific tribe and the electoral process should be held under the supervision of Pak Army, he demanded. He also asked the ECP to deploy polling staff from out of constituency and carryout a probe
Into sealing off more than 21 ballot boxes before dispatching to election presiding office.
He warned the elections results would not acceptable until make sufficient arrangements, while holding the process under impartial polling staffs and Pak Army in NA46 Khyber Agency.