- Nyxoah announces full-body 1.5T and 3T MRI compatibility for the Genio® system to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)Posted 17 hours ago
- JETEX EXPANDS ITS PRESENCE IN DUBAIPosted 2 days ago
- InvestorBrandNetwork (IBN) Recaps 2020 Milestones, Outlines 2021 InitiativesPosted 4 days ago
- JinkoSolar Supplied 17.5MW High-efficiency Modules to Fauji Solar Power Plant in PakistanPosted 5 days ago
- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 5 days ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 5 days ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 6 days ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 6 days ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 6 days ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 6 days ago
Political leaders strongly condemns attacks on polio workers, offered allout political support
Islamabad: Political leaders have strongly condemned all forms of attacks against polio workers teams and offered their undeterred political support for polio eradication. The All Parties Conference on Polio a National Emergency was convened by PILDAT with support from UNICEF.
While addressing the conference Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani, former Prime Minister said that he undertook the initiative of establishing a Prime Minister’s Cell on Polio to ensure monitoring at the highest level. He thanked PILDAT for facilitating a political consensus.
Senator Mushahid Hussain Sayed said that polio threatens human security, it should be declared a threat to national security in Pakistan. He said that PILDAT should put together one paragraph that all political parties must include in their upcoming election manifestoes. Mr. Liaquat Baloch was joined by other religious parties at the podium in stressing that religion is not obstructing polio eradication in Pakistan.
Party leaders especially asked the government to provide security to Polio Workers Teams.
Some leaders also suggested that political representatives of an area may also join Polio Teams across communities.
Opening the APC, Mr. Ahmed Bilal Mehboob, President PILDAT, said that given the emergency scenario in the spread of polio in Pakistan, PILDAT has convened the APC to facilitate political consensus.
Earlier, Dr. Shahnaz Wazirali, Focal Person and Dr. Altaf Bosan, National Coordinator of Prime Minister’s Polio Monitoring Cell spoke on the occasion followed by Polio partners, Ms. Karen Allan, Deputy Country Representative, UNICEF, Dr. Waqar Ajmal, Senior Programme Manager, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Dr. Guido Sabatinelli, Country Representative WHO.
13 Parties joining the APC were represented by Senator Shahi Syed, Provincial President, Sindh, Awami National Party ANP, Dr. Jehanzeb Jamaldini, Acting President, Balochistan National Party Mengal BNPM, Mr. Liaqat Baloch, Secretary General, Jamaat-e-Islami Pakistan JIP, Senator Maulana Abdul Ghafoor Haideri, Central Secretary General, Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam Fazlur Rehman JUIF, Maulana Asmat Ullah, Ameer, Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam Nazriati JUIN, Maulana Hamid Ul Haq Haqqani, Vice President, Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam Samiulhaq JUIS, Mr. Sufyan Yusuf, MNA, Muttahida Qaumi Movement MQM, Senator Mir Hasil Khan Bizenjo, Secretary General, National Party NP, Senator Mushahid Hussain Sayed, Secretary General, Pakistan Muslim League PML, Barrister Sultan Mahmood Khan, Senior Vice President, Pakistan Muslim League Functional PMLF, Senator Rafiq Rajwana, Member of Senate of Pakistan, Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz PMLN, Syed Yusuf Raza Gailani, Senior Vice Chairman, Pakistan Peoples Party PPP, Senator Muhammad Jehangir Bader, Secretary General, Pakistan Peoples Party PPP and Mrs. Meraj Humayun, Member Central Executive Committee, Qaumi Watan Party QWP. Hafiz Tahir Ashrafi of Pakistan Ulema Council, also volunteered to sign the Joint Declaration. He joined the APC as an observer.