- Bombardier and Alstom Confirm Receipt of All Necessary Regulatory Approvals to Complete Bombardier Transportation Sale to AlstomPosted 4 hours ago
- U.S. Institute of Peace Opens Nominations for 2021 Women Building Peace AwardPosted 5 hours ago
- دو صنعتی شہروں کے مابین ایک مکالمہ: فریڈررک اینگلس کی پیدائش کی دو سوسالہ یاد منانے کے موقع پر چین کے ڈونگوان میں وُوپرٹال تصویری نمائش کا آغازPosted 11 hours ago
- HIV Prevention Trials Network Awarded U.S. National Institutes of Health Funding to Continue Research AgendaPosted 16 hours ago
- Aafaq Auto Fest surprises visitors with a helicopter and a giant boatPosted 17 hours ago
- A dialogue between two industrial cities: Wuppertal Photo Exhibition launched in China’s Dongguan to commemorate the bicentenary of the birth of Friedrich EnglesPosted 1 day ago
- Bombardier Appoints Bart Demosky Executive Vice President and Chief Financial OfficerPosted 1 day ago
- چین کا ہینان فری ٹریڈ پورٹ21واں جشن منعقد کررہاہےPosted 4 days ago
- چین-آسیان ٹیکنالوجی ٹرانسفر اور جدت طرازی تعاون پر آٹھویں فورم کا ناننگ میں آغاز ہوگیاPosted 4 days ago
- ہینان فری تجارتی بندرگاہ پر پہلا انٹرنیشنل ٹورزم ایکیوپمنٹ ایکسپو کا انعقادPosted 4 days ago
PMLN stages sit-in, blocks road against rigging in polls in Sehwan
Sehwan Sharif, Sindh: A large number of people led by PMLN candidate Habibullah Rind staged demonstration, took out a rally and blocked the road here on Monday to lodge protest against PPP for rigging the polls on May 11 in PS73 constituency.
The protesters marched from Golden Gate to Government Degree College and staged sit-in at Indus Highway blocking it for the vehicular traffic for about four hours. The demonstrators were chanting slogans against PPP.
The PMLN candidate addressing the protesters alleged that the PPP and administration were involved in rigging and despite protest on the spot no action was taken.
He alleged that the supporters of PPP had opened fires on his brother and supporters and a worker was injured but the police refused to lodge FIR.
Hundreds of vehicles had stuck up on both sides of Indus highway. The passengers including women and children suffered a lot due to blockage.
Meanwhile, PPP candidates of a national assembly and three provincial seats namely Fakeer Dad Khoso, Dr. Sikandar Shoro and Syed Abdul Nabi Shah alias Hussain Shah Syed Murad Ali Shah took out a rally from Lal Bagh to shrine of Lal Shahbaz Qalandar to celebrate the victory in elections. The rally was led by Malik Asad Sikandar.