- 2019 چنگدو گلوبل انوویشن اور انٹرپرینیورشپ فیئر میں 33.3 بلین آر ایم بی کی ان ٹرانزیکشنز کی تکمیلPosted 1 day ago
- RMB33.3b in Transactions Completed at the 2019 Chengdu Global Innovation and Entrepreneurship FairPosted 2 days ago
- 2019 جنوب اور جنوب مشرقی ایشیا کی اشیاء کی ایکسپو اور سرمایہ کاری میلہ چین کے یونان کے کن مینگ میں منعقدPosted 3 days ago
- 2019 South & Southeast Asia Commodity Expo and Investment Fair held in Kunming, China’s YunnanPosted 5 days ago
- زوزین اور ایک پاکستانی فیڈ انٹرپرائز باہمی فوائد اور برابری سطح کا تعاون حاصل کرتے ہوئےPosted 6 days ago
- ZOZEN and a Pakistan feed enterprise achieve mutual benefits and win-win cooperationPosted 1 week ago
- Melissa All-in-One Identity Verification to be Highlighted at FinTech Junction 2019Posted 1 week ago
- فینګ چینګ کینګ سټي کې د نړیوالو طبي سهولتونو او مرستو تابیاPosted 2 weeks ago
- فینگ چینگ کینگ سٹی میں بین الاقوامی طبی جدت اور تعاون کے فورم کا انعقادPosted 2 weeks ago
- International Medical Innovation and Cooperation Forum held in Fangchenggang CityPosted 2 weeks ago
PIA employees warn tough resistance against privatization bid
KARACHI: The employees of Pakistan International Airlines PIA would put a strong resistance against the government bid to private the national flag carrier, said secretary general Pakistan International Airlines Corporation Employees Union PIACEU Ubaidullah here Sunday.
He said no decision about the fate of PIA could be made without taking the PIA employees on board as the employees also own 12percent shares of the corporation and they are genuine stakeholders. He said the PIA workers would not fight the war against privatization alone but they are in hectic contacts with other leading workers unions and federations of Pakistan. He said they would not allow the government to renders workers jobless to please the international loan givers.
He said the PIA for last many years has been silently prepared for privatization and in this regard the financial and administrative position of the organization was purposefully deteriorated to make it a loss giving organization and put it on the list of ‘white elephants’ to be privatized. He said the government of Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz PMLN instead of selling this precious national asset for peanuts should order its reorganization and restructuring to make it profitable once again.
Ubaidullah said the PIA workers feel that the rulers are bent to privatize the PIA to benefit certain privately owned airlines which would a betrayal with Pakistani nation. He said PIACEU is holding an important meeting with other worker unions and federations on Monday to chalk out a foolproof line of action to deter the dreaded privatization of PIA.