- Virgin Hyperloop Unveils Passenger Experience VisionPosted 3 hours ago
- LeddarTech Announces Significant Growth in Customer Engagements, Partnerships, and Investment in 2020Posted 11 hours ago
- Top Pakistan Star Jannat Mirza is Amassing Growing Popularity on SnackVideoPosted 11 hours ago
- ٹاپ پاکستانی سٹار جنت مرزا سنیک ویڈیو پر مقبولیت حاصل کر رہی ہےPosted 11 hours ago
- Telefónica Germany selects Opanga Networks Inc for RAN OptimizationPosted 12 hours ago
- سعودی ائرلائن (سعودیہ) کوفلائٹ ہیلتھ سیفٹی کے لیے ہیرا اسٹیٹس ملا ہےPosted 13 hours ago
- Nyxoah announces full-body 1.5T and 3T MRI compatibility for the Genio® system to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)Posted 1 day ago
- Saudia Receives Diamond Status For Flight Health SafetyPosted 2 days ago
- JETEX EXPANDS ITS PRESENCE IN DUBAIPosted 2 days ago
- InvestorBrandNetwork (IBN) Recaps 2020 Milestones, Outlines 2021 InitiativesPosted 5 days ago
Peugeot Sales Fall on Account of European Financial Crisis — City Index UK
LONDON–(Marketwire / Asianetpakistan / – January 9, 2013) – City Index UK - Shares in Peugeot have fallen in Paris this morning (January 9th) after the carmaker reported that its global sales figures dropped sharply on account of the weak European economy.
The company claimed “the crisis affecting the European automobile market” was to blame for its 16.5 per cent fall in worldwide demand, with its continental market sales slowing by 8.6 per cent.
See full article: Peugeot sales fall on account of European financial crisis
Over the course of 2012, Peugeot sold 2.9 million vehicles internationally, but this is a significant drop from the previous year’s 3.5 million.
In its home nation of France purchases decreased by 13.3 per cent, while in Spain and Italy sales plunged by 14.9 per cent and 20.9 per cent respectively.
However, it did see demand increase in some markets including Russia (10.1 per cent), China (7.2 per cent) and Latin America (5.6 per cent).
At 10:00 am GMT, shares in Peugeot slipped by 1.8 per cent to EUR 6.10 per unit.
About City Index:
City Index is one of the world leaders in spread betting and CFD trading. Established in the UK in 1983 we have grown to become leading providers of contracts for difference, FX and spread betting over the past 29 years.
Spread betting is a leveraged product, meaning that you can take a position by initially depositing just a small percentage of the full value of your trade — typically between 1% and 10% of the total trade value.
Spread bets offers the ability to profit irrespective of whether prices are moving up or down in the market, meaning that you can profit during volatile market conditions or when prices are on the decline. See an example of how you can spread bet with City Index with our how to spread bet video tutorial.
Your losses are magnified in exactly the same way as your gains if the market moves against you and can result in losses exceeding your initial outlay. Please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.