- China’s Chongqing awards 37 golden ideas for culture and tourism integrationPosted 5 hours ago
- Chongqing Liangjiang New Area rises from inland economic backwater to opening-up hubPosted 6 hours ago
- Alibaba’s new presence highlights Chongqing Liangjiang New Area’s passion for entrepreneurship, innovationPosted 6 hours ago
- SNOMED International Welcomes the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s National Health Information Center to the SNOMED CT CommunityPosted 1 day ago
- انطالیہ ہومز: ترکی سے پاکستانی زائرین کی تعداد میں 50 فیصداضافہ جو ایک لاکھ تک پہنچ جائے گیPosted 5 days ago
- ”ہاؤس کیپر-اسٹائل” سروس انٹرپرائزز کے لیے نیشنل نیننگ اکنامک اور ٹیکنالوجی ڈیویلپمنٹ ایریا میں وقت اور اقدمات کی بچت کرتی ہےPosted 5 days ago
- “Housekeeper-Style” Service Saves Time and Steps for Enterprises in National Nanning Economic & Technological Development AreaPosted 6 days ago
- 2019 چنگدو گلوبل انوویشن اور انٹرپرینیورشپ فیئر میں 33.3 بلین آر ایم بی کی ان ٹرانزیکشنز کی تکمیلPosted 6 days ago
- RMB33.3b in Transactions Completed at the 2019 Chengdu Global Innovation and Entrepreneurship FairPosted 1 week ago
- 2019 جنوب اور جنوب مشرقی ایشیا کی اشیاء کی ایکسپو اور سرمایہ کاری میلہ چین کے یونان کے کن مینگ میں منعقدPosted 1 week ago
PAKISTAN’S EX-PM VOWS TO RETURN HOME AFTER COURT SENTENCES HIM IN CORRUPTION CASE
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan's former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, who was sentenced to a total of 11 years in prison in a corruption case in his absence, announced Friday that he would return to the country.
Nawaz Sharif, the three times prime minister, is currently in London to look after his wife Kulsoom Nawaz, who suffers from cancer and is getting treatment there.
The Accountability Court in Islamabad announced on Friday the verdict on corruption charges related to four flats in London, a prosecution lawyer Sardar Muzaffar Abbasi said.
Speaking at a news conference following the guilty verdict, Nawaz Sharif described the court ruling as "politically motivated."
Sharif's daughter Maryam Nawaz, his political heir, was also awarded seven years for abetting the crime and one year for not cooperating with the NAB.
"I will return to the country to continue my struggle for the supremacy of the parliament and respect of the people's vote," Nawaz Sharif, who is also the former chief of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) party, said.
However, he did not announce any date for his return and said he is waiting for improvement in health condition of his wife.
The Supreme Court of Pakistan had removed Nawaz Sharif as prime minister last year over concealment of income from a company in UAE owned by his son. The apex court had also ordered the NAB to formally start investigation into assets of Nawaz Sharif and his family after their offshore companies were revealed by media last year
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK