- Madison Realty Capital Provides $53 Million Construction Financing to Heritage Equity Partners for Multifamily Development in BrooklynPosted 5 hours ago
- Taconic Biosciences Expands Immuno-oncology Animal Model PortfolioPosted 1 day ago
- ینگ شینگ اناج اور تیل کی مہم ٹائمز اسکوائر، نیو یارک، یو ایس اے میں نشرPosted 5 days ago
- Yingshang Grains and Oils Campaign Appears at Times Square, New York, USAPosted 5 days ago
- Open Society Foundations Announce 2020 Puerto Rico Youth FellowsPosted 6 days ago
- Sabin Vaccine Institute Funds Researchers to Investigate COVID-19 Misinformation, Design Solutions to Increase Vaccine AcceptancePosted 6 days ago
- ٹی سی ایل کی جانب سے سی ای ایس 2021 کے موقع پر مختلف کیٹیگریز میں نئی مصنوعات کی رونمائی- ٹی وی ،آڈیو،موبائل اور جدید گھریلو مصنوعاتPosted 6 days ago
- At CES 2021 TCL Unveils Newest Products in Multi-Categories – TV, Audio, Mobile and Smart Home AppliancesPosted 6 days ago
- سنیک ویڈو نے افتتاحی مواد کے ساتھ پاکستان میں اپنی پہلی تخلیق کار یعنی افتیتاحی کنٹینٹ اکیڈمی کی شروعات کردی ہیںPosted 6 days ago
- SnackVideo Kickstarts Its First Creator Academy in Pakistan with Inaugural Content CreatorsPosted 6 days ago
Pak composite show-a symposium policy dialogue held
Islamabad: Pakistan Composite Show – a symposium, policy dialogue and industrial exhibition was held here and the Federal Minister for Science and Technology Mir Changez Khan Jamali was the Chief Guest at the occasion. The event was organized by the Composites Engineering Research Group of Department of Mechanical Engineering (DME), NUST College of EME.
At symposium & a policy dialogue session around 150 very senior academics, industrialists and government functionaries exchanged views to evolve a strategy for turning around the composites industry of Pakistan.
An industrial exhibition was also held which featured over 20 companies and attracted over 500 visitors. Dr. Rizwan Saeed Choudhry presented a proposal for a joint technology centre to be established with the combined efforts of private and government sectors. He said that based on the survey conducted by their group if this centre is established then the export volume of Pakistan can be increased by up to 10 times in next five to seven years.
Chief Guest during his address said that in today’s economic paradigm where defence deployments are being outsourced to private defence contractors by the developed countries , we must open up our public institutes for Public-Private partnership in the best interest of our nation.
Therefore, from the government side I give full assurance that we will very carefully consider all the recommendations that come out of this policy dialogue and will make every endeavour to implement the recommendations in their true letter and spirit.
In his remarks Commandant College of EME Major General Obaid bin Zakria appreciated the efforts of the whole organizing team of Pakistan Composite Show.
“I am particularly glad that despite the fact that this was the first ever Composites Show in Pakistan; the accompanying exhibition has attracted more than 80% of the medium and high-tech industry in this sector”.
Besides the Federal Minister the event was also attended by senior officials including secretary defence production Lt Gen (R) Shahid Iqbal , Former Federal Minister and Professor Emeritus NUST Dr. Muhammad Akram Sheikh, British Council Director Education for Wider South Asia, Dr Nils Tomes, Chief Scientist AQ Khan Research Laboratories Dr Muhammad Khawar Farooq and over a dozen other senior officials and senior industrialists.