- Despite Brexit Uncertainty, Business Schools in UK Continue to See Strong International DemandPosted 12 hours ago
- Validated with Microsoft Skype for Business, Patton Delivers Cloud-Powered IntegrationPosted 17 hours ago
- وزيرة النقل بالولايات المتحدة، إلين تشاو، تعلن عن مجلس جديد لدعم تسويق “الهايبرلوب”.Posted 6 days ago
- U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao Announces New Council to Support Hyperloop CommercializationPosted 7 days ago
- پانی کی ری سائکلنگ اورمینجمنٹ کے لئے قانون سازی کا مطالبہPosted 1 week ago
- Call for Legislative Action for Water Recycling and ManagementPosted 1 week ago
- ترکی میں کرپٹوکرنسی کے ذریعے جائیداد خریدنا اب ممکن انطالیہ ہومز کے ساتھPosted 2 weeks ago
- YPO Names Elizabeth Zucker 2019-2020 ChairmanPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Graduate Management Admission Council Welcomes BI Norwegian Business School Into GMAC MembershipPosted 2 weeks ago
- FXCM Arabic Celebrates 20 Years of Trading With 31% off Gold Spreads for a Limited Time*Posted 3 weeks ago
OIC participates in observation of 2019 Nigerian general election
Jeddah Following an invitation from the government of Nigeria, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) participated in the observation of the presidential and parliamentary elections held across the country on February 12-25.
The OIC observer mission was led by Director for African Affairs Ambassador Boubakar Adamou.
The OIC monitoring of Nigeria's general election � to elect the President, Vice President, National Assembly and the Senate � falls within the Organization's continuous endeavor to promote democracy and good governance in the member states, based on its Charter, Code of Conduct for OIC Election Observers and the 2005 Declaration of Principles for International Election Observation.
The OIC observers noted that the voting process was well-organized and peaceful, as Nigerian voters exercised their voting rights peacefully despite the outbreak of some isolated violent incidents in some places in the country.
The OIC mission expressed its satisfaction at the peaceful conduct of the elections and extended its congratulations to the people and authorities of Nigeria for their commitment to the democratic process and values.
Source: International Islamic News Agency