- ینگ شینگ اناج اور تیل کی مہم ٹائمز اسکوائر، نیو یارک، یو ایس اے میں نشرPosted 3 days ago
- Yingshang Grains and Oils Campaign Appears at Times Square, New York, USAPosted 3 days ago
- Open Society Foundations Announce 2020 Puerto Rico Youth FellowsPosted 3 days ago
- Sabin Vaccine Institute Funds Researchers to Investigate COVID-19 Misinformation, Design Solutions to Increase Vaccine AcceptancePosted 4 days ago
- ٹی سی ایل کی جانب سے سی ای ایس 2021 کے موقع پر مختلف کیٹیگریز میں نئی مصنوعات کی رونمائی- ٹی وی ،آڈیو،موبائل اور جدید گھریلو مصنوعاتPosted 4 days ago
- At CES 2021 TCL Unveils Newest Products in Multi-Categories – TV, Audio, Mobile and Smart Home AppliancesPosted 4 days ago
- سنیک ویڈو نے افتتاحی مواد کے ساتھ پاکستان میں اپنی پہلی تخلیق کار یعنی افتیتاحی کنٹینٹ اکیڈمی کی شروعات کردی ہیںPosted 4 days ago
- SnackVideo Kickstarts Its First Creator Academy in Pakistan with Inaugural Content CreatorsPosted 4 days ago
- سی آر آر سی نے آسٹریلیا میں چینی ثقافتی لائبریریاں قائم کردیںPosted 5 days ago
- سی آرآرسی “چائنا بوکسفیلف” په آسټریلیا کښې د چینی ثقافت لائبریریاني جوړويPosted 5 days ago
NUML likely to become part of virtual education project Pakistan
Islamabad: “The collaboration between National University of Modern Languages (NUML) and National Science Information Centre (ICCBS) will enable the University to relay lectures and courses nationwide in various universities and higher education institutions through Virtual Education Project Pakistan (VEPP)”, said Dr Atta-ur-Rehman, Patron-In-Chief ICCBS.
He stated this during his meeting with Rector Maj Gen (R) Masood Hasan, Director General (DG) Brig Azam Jamal at NUML. He said that “purpose of his visit is to introduce NUML with National Video Conferencing Programme which has been initiated by Higher Education Commission in collaboration with Husein Ebrahim Jamal Research Institute of Chemistry (HEJ) of ICCBS at University of Karachi”.
He further told that “the programme focuses on lectures or courses being delivered by eminent scholars and researchers in the chosen disciplines which are aimed at building concepts, enhancing critical thinking and developing understanding of the subjects at undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels”. “These lectures and courses are delivered in universities and institutions through VEPP. Learning through is programme is interactive, interesting and fun”, he added.
Moreover, Dr Atta-ur-Rehman said that “he would like to initiate the programme of VEPP in NUML with teaching and learning of Chinese language since language teaching is NUML’s forte and it has oldest Chinese Language Department and Confucius Institute”. “Later this VEPP programme will also be extended for the online teaching and learning of other disciplines including Literature, Economics, IT, Management Sciences and disciplines”.
The Rector Maj Gen (R) Masood Hasan briefed Dr Atta-ur-Rehman about the functions, departments, courses and regional campuses of the university and told that “24 different international and national languages are taught in NUML and there are trained foreign and local teachers to teach any language and fulfill the requirement of language learning”.
DG Brig Azam Jamal told the guest that “it will be great boost to the academic activities of the university that under this programme not only the students and faculty of NUML but also students across Pakistan will be able to take benefit and guidance from the eminent scholars and instructors through this interactive Video conferencing”. “All the prerequisites and modalities for the finalization of this collaboration will be finalized and programme will be commenced soon under the able guidance of Dr Atta-ur-Rehman”, he added.