- InvestorBrandNetwork (IBN) Recaps 2020 Milestones, Outlines 2021 InitiativesPosted 1 day ago
- JinkoSolar Supplied 17.5MW High-efficiency Modules to Fauji Solar Power Plant in PakistanPosted 2 days ago
- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 2 days ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 3 days ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 3 days ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 3 days ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 3 days ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 3 days ago
- پھولو ایک پاکسنانی کسان جس کے لاکھوں پرستار ہے نے ابھی سنیک ویڈیو جائن کیاPosted 3 days ago
- Phoollu, Pakistani farmer with millions of fans, just joined SnackVideoPosted 3 days ago
Norway’s former Ombudsman for children meets Sindh Ombudsman
Karachi: Consultant UNICEF Pakistan and Norway’s former Ombudsman for Children Mr. Reidar Kvaal Hjermann called on Sindh Ombudsman Asad Ashraf Malik at his office on Monday and exchanged views on problems and complaints of children in the province.
The UNICEF has recently appointed Mr. Reidar to look into the children’s issues in Pakistan and bring improvement in the situation.
Sindh Ombudsman briefed the UNICEF official on establishment of a Cell in 2009 especially for the children’s complaints and said the Ombudsman office is trying to devise a policy that could help implement Conventions on Children’s Rights.
Asad Ashraf Malik informed that Children’s Complaint Cell rakes swift action on complaints and in case of abuse and inhuman treatment it uses discretionary powers. The steps are also being taken to create awareness about Child Rights and strengthen the complaint cell. Efforts are underway to create awareness of rights among children, he added.
Moreover, the complaint cell has been computerized at Sindh Ombudsman’s head office besides establishing such complaint centers at all the regional offices.
Secretary, Sindh Ombudsman, Younus Dagha, Advisor to Federal Ombudsman, Aijaz Qureshi and others were present.